16 Mar 2007

It's All Chinese To Me.

It was our second Chinese lesson tonight and I remembered the camera. Lily got stage fright tonight for a while but then she warmed up. This class is so much fun and you actually learn things that will be useful however I am sure I will never get the tones right and instead of saying something sensible I am sure I will tell some poor unsuspecting soul that I love their undergarments or something just as ridiculous. Lily is apparently doing very well and has great pronunciation. We even got homework this week.......yikes. All this for $5 a week. Actually the money is optional but you can put it in a love box????? I like to feel the love so I participate.

The little guy in this video went to nursery school with Lily and the 2 of them were inseparable from the second they met. Even the staff used to say, God help anyone who comes between those 2. He is such a lovely little chap.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


She can do it, why can't I??

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


These are the Chinese phonics sung in a little song. I know the alphabet in English doesn't that count for something?

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

10 comments:

Dannye said...

don't worry about misprouncing something, it'll be okay, they will just think "oh she's an American" and will let it slide I am sure.

Besides, my sister and her family went to Sweden last summer, and Katy thought she was asking for Swedish meatballs, but come to find out she was asking for some testicles and nobody corrected her and she did get meatballs (or at least what she thought was meatballs, hehehe)

Polar Bear said...

I thought teaching Enlish phonics was difficult. Whew! That looks REALLY hard.

Lily looks so cute. I am sure she will pick it up quickly.

redmaryjanes said...

It's going to be easier for her because a child's mind can absorb information faster than ours. Hang in there Mom! I think it's great that you are doing this.

PIPO said...

That looks like such fun but, oh lordy, I need Mandarin for Dummies!

Ann said...

Give your self some kuddos just for trying. It's a very difficult language and at least you get some very cute footage of Lily.

aimeeg said...

Wow, that is pretty amazing! And looks quite difficult, too!!

Nikki said...

Bravo to you for trying, Dawn! Don't worry, when Lily speaks it fluently -- I'm sure she'll be happy to give you some private lessons!
(She and her little buddy look so cute together!)

Steffie B. said...

I think it's great...what a wonderful experience for Lily1

3D said...

Keep at it and you will be speaking fluently!

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

I think it is great that you are both taking classes!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails