6 Mar 2007

I'm Not Ready For This Yet!

Lily's class at preschool has been making phonebooks, if they want to, and in it they write the phone numbers of all their classmates. Lily finished hers a week or so ago but the teacher has put it up on the wall to use as an example so she doesn't have it with her which I am starting to realise is a good thing and here is why.

On Sunday evening we had just had dinner and I was in the kitchen with Jacob and Lily was in the living room and the phone rang and Jakey got it and I heard him say, Who is calling? The next thing he takes the phone and hands it to Lily. A little girl in her class had rung her and she was over the moon about it. She talked and talked, I don't think the other girl got a word in edge ways. After the phone call she bounced around saying, I had a phone call, it was for me. She gets a lot of phone calls from family members but I guess it isn't the same as having one of her friends call and only want to talk to her. She was so giddy. I, on the other hand, am not so giddy. I didn't think the phone calls would start until she was a teenager.

Oh, I grabbed the video camera and filmed her yipping to her friend:

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

12 comments:

3D said...

It is hard to realize that they are people too! But, that is a tad early to start with phone calls. Next step is Instant Messenging!

Sometimes I think I am going to lock my daughter up until she is 22!

Keep smilin!

Nikki said...

Oh Dawn, thank you for that!
Too funny!
They do start early, don't they?
It must be a girl thing. I can't call someone anymore without Lily jumping for the phone saying "Lily talk!"
Oh boy.

Beckyb said...

Hey - at least it wasn't a boy calling!!!! There's the bright side!!

Polar Bear said...

Oh! Why do they grow up so fast?

She is too cute!!!!

Kathy and Joel said...

How cute is that? She is practicing for her teen years!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

You my friend are in soooooo much trouble ;0)

elizabeth said...

That is so cute! I wonder if there will be any boy/girl phone calls among her classmates. Sorry about the lack of referrals. Hopefully it will speed up considerably!

redmaryjanes said...

How cute is that? She's hit a milestone!

Kris said...

I see the teenage years looming in front of her! This is so funny... for now, right?!

Ann said...

They start 'em young don't they. She's gonna have to have her own line soon watch out.

Stephe said...

Oh No, you definately are going to have your hands FULL NOW. She's a cutie though! : )

Emmie said...

I know I say it a lot but Lily is so my kinda girl! I love her!! I constantly get in trouble for having such a high phone bill...opps!! I am just a very outgoing person who has a lot of people to talk to. It's part of my routine! :) You just wait until Lily gets to be my age. I have a feeling she'll be outgoing and talkative as well. That's a good thing of course! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails