27 Mar 2007

13 months


We have now been logged in with the CCAA for 13 months.

We were talking about the wait yesterday and agreed that it is definitely easier this time around thanks to Miss Lily. Some days I just think that this will be a perpetual wait for the rest of my life and that nothing is going to transpire. I know that is really quite daft because we will get our daughter but it just seems so very distant and unreal. The painting of the nursery is going to happen today that might make things seem more realistic.

When you add in the time frame for paper chasing we have been going at this for ever.
In a bright and sunny note this is month 13, we have 13 months behind us and these are thirteen months that we will never have to wait again. And this is it folks. NO more paper pregnancies for us, we are done and to steal a quote from my friend
Lori's hubby Marc, "our paper tubes are being stapled shut!"

17 comments:

3D said...

Happy 13 Month LID-iversary!

I feel the exact same way. All I know now is wait, wait, wait. It seems a distant & unattainable goal. You and your lovely family is proof that it does happen.

Our papertubes are still open...we have plans!!!

Keep smilin!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Woo Hoo... 13 months down, you are definitely getting closer! Love this comment:
"our paper tubes are being stapled shut!"

Thanks for the laugh!

M and M said...

Congrats on 13 months!! We are only at 31/2 months since LID and it seems like FOREVER!! My next goal is for them to be at matching one year from our date...does that make sense? Right now they are at Oct 05 and our LID is Dec 06...

Steffie B. said...

Hang in there my friend.....you are more than half way....getting her room ready will bring an uplifting feeling to you. I can't wait to see Lily with her little Mei Mei! ;)

Abby's Mom said...

Happy 13 months down!!

Polar Bear said...

Congratulations on hitting 13!!!!

"paper tubes" That's funny!!

Nikki said...

Happy 13 months!
And, yes, Lily would certainly help the time to go by quickly (and happily)...

About stapling your paper tubes:
Never say Never!!!!!!
You guys are REALLY REALLY good at the whole "parent" thing, and you are pros at the paperwork and waiting thing now too...

Hee Hee! Something to think about!

simply t said...

Congrats to 13 months down! I'm highly amused with you paper tube comment, that was a laugh!

PIPO said...

Happy 13!

At this rate, I'll be in papyrus menopause by the time I would be ready for another ;0)

Rhonda said...

Happy 13th month LIDiversary!

emmie said...

I know how hard the wait can be...trust me!! I really hope the process only continues to speed up for your family. I'll continue keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. <3

Dannye said...

you crack me up, "paper tubes stapled shut", hehehe

happy 13th LID-versary!! and just know that you, Lily, and some other bloggy friends I have met along the way are helping me to bear the wait for our Chynna too!! thanks for being there!!!

colin said...

Hang in there dawn,jacob and lily.Luv bruv

aimeeg said...

Happy 13!!! Our paper tubes are WAY open yet! :)

redmaryjanes said...

Happy 13 month LIDaversary!

Andie said...

I don't blame you for getting out the stapler, but have you broken the news to Lily that she's not getting her two brothers?

While you're at it, maybe you should tell her that if she'd like to adopt, she'd better start the paperwork as soon as she can write properly!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Oh yeah my friend...and there will be no chance of a reversal of the tube stapling...ROFL.

You are the best!

Love,
me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails