26 Mar 2007

This Day Started In A Hurry

Yikes. We overslept today. I have an early appointment on Mondays and always get up at 6.00am. Not so today. I turned on the alarm clock last night and hit the hay. To my horror when I opened my sleepy little eyes this morning my clock said 7.54. I just lay there staring at it thinking something must be wrong and then I realised I could hear a fuzzy sound coming from the radio. A little person had apparently been playing with it and had turned down the volume and managed to set the dial between two stations. So my day started in a hurry and as you know I don't do mornings. I had 16 minutes to get up, showered and out of the house. It was a nightmare but I did it. Once I came home from work I headed back into the shower and started my day over again at a more normal pace! It worked I feel normal again. And here is the post that I was going to do before work.

Here are some photos of our day yesterday. We took Lily to the Youth Fair. It was awful: there were millions of people, smelly greasy food everywhere and loud obnoxious carnies yelling all over the place. I hated every second of it and we were there for 5 hours. I owe my father the biggest thank you for taking me to the fair every single year and riding all the rides with me. I never knew how awful it was for him but now I do. Jacob and I took turns riding the rides with her with me begging for the easy ones. But I sucked it up and we stayed and Lily had a blast. So much fun in fact that she was in bed asleep by 7.05 and didn't wake up today until I started crashing into things in my panic this morning.

This juggler lady was awesome and after Lily came running to me she said, "thats it run back to your mummy", as opposed to the normal, is that your mum. Turns out she also has an adopted daughter. We ended up chatting to her for about 5 minutes and she let Lily try out her equipment.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Tada

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


On top of the world.....with me.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Zoom Zoom.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Roller coasting...Lily size

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


The DO NOT TOUCH THE ANIMALS sign isn't much good when you can't actually read!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Lily Doolittle talking to the ducks. When she squeaked at these ducks they would "talk" back. We got stuck here for ages whilst she held court.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

11 comments:

Verna said...

Howdy,
Blog Fairy Here. Love your blog but we could spruce it up a bit. Email me. I have some ideas but I would like a donation toward my daughter Erin's Israel trip, if you could swing it. verna1960@yahoo.com put the words blog template in your subject.

Polar Bear said...

I hate when mornings start out like that.

Lily looks like she had so much fun. That slide looks awesome. I just love the black and white photos.

Kris said...

Those are the toughest kind of mornings!

Glad Lily had so much fun at the fair, brings back wonderful memories. I've no idea how I'll feel enduring that for 5 hours when Macey is here. I don't mind our local arts festivals and everything, so maybe it won't be too bad! That slide looked like a blast!

PIPO said...

Lordy, I love those slides. I can't wait to have an excuse to go down them again ;0)

What was up with that woman's balance...juggling on a ball? I could never...ever...ever manage that one.

Glad you made it on the zoom plan this morning. I tend to do that a lot...shame on me!

3D said...

Rough mornings are not fun!

The rides look like a ton of fun. You are a great mummy for putting up with carny folk!

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

I hate feeling rushed in the morning. I like that you had the chance to come back and start the day again!!

Looks like another great day!!

Emmie said...

I hate when mornings have to be in a hurry as well! I am not a morning person either!
Looks like you had a great time at the Youth Fair...well I mean Lily had a great time! :) Lucky her to have a mummy and daddy like the both of you!

Steffie B. said...

Looks like another fun adventure for Miss Lily! What a good Mum you are! ;)

mellow & yellow said...

Looks like an awesome end to the day!

redmaryjanes said...

I just love seeing all of the fun things that you all do. What a wonderful life!

Nikki said...

Those videos were awesome!
Lily just looks SOOOOOO happy!
I love how adventurous she is.
You are good parents to endure a long day so that she can enjoy all the kiddie fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails