28 Mar 2007

A New Perspective And YUCK



Yesterday in the mail we received our new 171-h visa approval. It took exactly 14 days from the day we mailed the application and the huge wad a cash required for this little ditty, (why the heck they cannot be renewed or extended beats me). Anyhoo we have decided to look at the wait differently now and if things go at the same snail like rate we have another 6-8 months ahead of us which was the original time line. So we are going to act as if this was our first visa and now we are starting the new and very short wait. This sounds great in theory but we will see if it sticks.



Onwards to the YUCK part of this post. The painter came yesterday and painted 90% of the baby's room and I HATE it. I don't just dislike it or feel kind of off about it I HATE it and I never use that word. When I told Jacob he looked panic stricken and told me to go back upstairs and tell Carlos. I did and Carlos suggested I pull out the bedding and leave it out in the room and see if it grows on me, if not they will start a new paint job on Thursday. So far it hasn't grown. I had such hopes for this room and it looks bloody awful. I will post pictures when it is finished be it like this or some new fandangled idea. Fortunately it is only paint. Lily and Jacob both love it. I'm off upstairs to see if anything has grown.

9 comments:

3D said...

That is a great attitude! We are in the home stretch (god willing!)

Eeekk...good thing that you discovered this sooner then later. Good luck with the paint choice! Can not wait to see pics.

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

Just change the color..you will not be 100% happy until you do. This has happened to me before too. It's so hard to tell how a color will look in a room, when you have to make a decision based on a small photo sample.

Nikki said...

First, I like your "new" idea! I do hope you are able to keep that up...it will make life much easier for you all.

Second, I also think you should have them re-paint the room if you HATE it. You should really LOVE it!
Good luck.

Steffie B. said...

Yes I have experienced this as well. You have the whole beautiful room in your mind and then the paint isn't right. At least it's only paint. ;)

Dannye said...

I don't think you'll grow to love something that annoys you so now, take it from the girl who HATES her bathroom color (Pepto pink is not a pretty color, but hey it's at least in the right room when your feeling ill from the color, hehe) but can't yet admit it to Ray, I had to fight so to get it that awful color, but oh so soon I will repaint and once again be happy....

and also, the "new" idea is a great one, see the wait will be short (really though hopefully it will be shorter than you expect....)

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I hated the color of Katie Starr's room until I put the furniture and bedding in it. It is green but quite honestly when it was painted and I first got a glimspe of it I gasped as it looked like a nuclear accident had occured. Give it a little time. You may be surprised.

PIPO said...

Yeah - if you HATE it - then ain't nuthin' gonna grow m'dear (except your dislike of it). Choose a new color.

Great idea on the wait view. Gee, I'm dawdling on renewal so maybe my 'wait' will only be a couple of months ;0)

Polar Bear said...

I think you have a really good idea about the new way to look at the wait! Very good idea!

What a pain about the paint. I would change it, Ryan would kill me, but I would. Good Luck!

M and M said...

How disappointing that it didn't look like you thought/wanted it to...You are right - it is only paint and it relatively easy to fix at this point. Growing anything from a "HATE" start is unlikely...

Good view about the wait. I am still under the 'mistaken' idea that things are going to speed up and we WON"T be waiting for 2 years...reality should kick in soon...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails