4 Feb 2007

Very Private.

Yesterday afternoon when we returned home following a playdate there was a big package on the front steps from England. I wasn't expecting anything at least not yet so we went inside and ripped into it. When I went home at Christmas I had asked Jeanne if she would cross stitch the Red Thread Saying for us and she said she would love too. I said no rush and she said, good! Well, her idea of no rush and my idea of no rush are apparently years apart because yesterday when we opened the package that is was was inside. It is really lovely, thank you Jeanne. I have to have it framed and I will show it again when it has been done.

Also there is a beautiful hand knitted red blanket from Jeannes mum, Nanny Rene, who is a very young 86, and the sweetest little lady you could ever care to meet. She made it for us to take to China and donate to the orphanage but she wants to know if it is ok? OK, yes Nanny Rene it is absolutely beautiful and we love it. She makes them all the time for a charitable organisation in the UK that donates them to hospitals for preemies who are not going to survive so that they can be cuddled in these really soft blankies as opposed to the nasty hospital issued ones. She also believes that this is the furthest that one of the blankets will ever have traveled, and to quote Jeanne, at 86 it is good to have a little one upmanship! I agree. So now Nanny Rene will make us some more but first I hope she will make one for us to keep.

Of course no package from Nanny would be complete without a a package for Lily and this one was very special since it had the words VERY PRIVATE written on the envelope. I read them to Lily and asked her if she knew what it meant. When she explained that she did she asked if it was for me or daddy so I showed it to her and she nearly exploded when she saw her full name on it. She scurried away with her gift and her envelope and just shrieked with delight and came back to show me. All she said was, my nanny loves me very much. It was a hair band and 2 lolipops but she just loves them to bits cos they came from Nanny. It actually bought tears to my eyes.

An Invisible Red Thread

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Lily's Private Surprise And The Beautiful Blankie


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

11 comments:

Emmie said...

Love the red thread artwork! It turned out beautiful. It's always fun for the little ones to get mail, especially "private" packages. :)

M and M said...

What a GREAT package!! I know when I was a kid, receiving mail was the BEST thing...now as an adult, most of the mail seems to be bills.

Joannah said...

Packages in the mail are so much fun! You have some really neat stuff there!

PIPO said...

Now that's the kind of mail I love to get! How sweet.

Your cross-stitch is beautiful and, I gotta say, the 'very private' for Lily was a nice touch.

3D said...

That is lovely! And presents from afar when you are little is the best!!

Keep smilin!

Steffie B. said...

Those are wonderful gifts....adn what fun for Lily! A secret, private package! ;) Glad to see your blog coming back together!

Beckyb said...

Wow - what an awesome gift! What an exciting day when packages come!!

Nikki said...

Wow! What a happy surprise for you AND Lily! It is nice when she can feel her nanny's love from far away...so sweet.

Loved the Red Thread gift. How special.

aimeeg said...

So sweet. I love care packages.

Ann said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a wonderful gift.

Stephe said...

How beautiful is the cross-stitch!!!

Lilly is just too darn cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails