13 Jan 2007

I Don't Do Mornings

I don't do mornings, well at least I don't do them well. Granted I have always been the first one up and out of bed but I do not function for at least, this part is embarrassing, an hour. My whole family knows this and my in-laws know this and now sadly even my 4 year old knows this. Now that I am a mum you would think I am better but you would be wrong, very pathetically wrong. Jakey, on the other hand literally leaps out of bed in the morning and flies into action.......it is mind boggling to me and also if he speaks, rather annoying. When Lily wakes up she comes to our room and wakes me up if I am not already up and then we head down stairs I attempt to serve her juice and then I sit and wait for my coffee, which is more like roofing tar because I need all the help I can get. Lily stays away and then once the coffee cup is empty she starts her normal yipping. Sometimes I am amazed that she just doesn't go and find her daddy. This morning she was so quiet that I knew I should investigate but I couldnt actually figure out how my legs worked so I left her being quiet. Once I did wake up I went to see what she was doing and the child had this big tea party thing going on, complete with dolls on chairs and plates, the whole shebang. How does she do this all before 8am and she doesn't even drink coffee? I actually only drink decaff but I make it so nasty that it has the same eye opening effect as the ordinary stuff. Look at this grande affair and all before most people are even aware that they exist!

Tea For Two.... and a few more

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Dawn, first of all I am SO with ya on the morning thing. I do not do them either. At all.
But, neither does Lily Lin. She is actually a bigger crank than me sometimes in the AM.

Second of all, I am blown away by Lily's elaborate tea party. Wow, She is something else, isn't she?

PIPO said...

I love it! Good for Ms. Lily. I don't do mornings either but I'm thinking maybe a straight IV caffiene. I don't like the taste of coffee one little bit. There's a reason I start office hours at 10 and never do rounds before 9. Ugh!

GOOD GAWD, I LURVE THAT RUG UNDER THE TEA PARTY. I must know from whence it was created???

:0)

3D said...

Coffee is essential! Good to know that not being a morning person is okay when you have kids who get it. She is such a cutie.

And I love the colours and bed spread.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Woaaaah; now that is a serious tea party!! I love Lily's imagination.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I'm a total night hawk and the fact that I have to be at school between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. kills me each and every time the alarm sounds. I also have to have a mega dose of coffee in the morning (caffeinated) and sometimes I ask Joel to make a Tim's run halfway through the morning while teaching. Ugh...just thinking about mornings makes me sad. LOL

Anonymous said...

Great party. Her guest seem thrilled! I am mor elike your DH in the mornings. I fly out of bed on fire but then get cranky around 10 PM and am worthless until the next morning.

elizabeth said...

Oh, that looks like fun! I miss doing that from when I was little. Come to think of it, I miss being able to sit comfortably on the floor for that long =)

Anonymous said...

I hate mornings too! Waking up at 6:00 on school days stinks. It's so cute that Lily is doing her own little thing. I don't understand how little ones have so much energy, especially in the morning! :)

Ann said...

I am the same way. People at work know not to talk to me until around 10-11am. I was hoping that it would change when we get our child here.

Anonymous said...

Oh good - I can be honest!! Chloe usually gets me up in the morning too - and then I grab the glasses and get her situated so I can get a shower - how bad is that?!?!? AND I LOVE THE TEA PART!!! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! What a great hostess Miss Lily was being to her dollies as well! ;)

M and M said...

What a great tea party!

I am always amazed at the creativity of kids!

LOVE the carpet!

Dawn said...

I have received many kind comments on Lily's rug. It is available at Pottery Barn Kids and also comes in pink which you can see shortly in the babes room! Shhhh, don't say a word.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails