12 Jan 2007

Bad Mummy

This is a post about what you are probably not supposed to do as a mum. I find it so hard not to laugh at Lily's antics because, (a) she is my child, (b) her cute little face and light up smile just get to me and finally (c) I am a very happy person who spends most of the time laughing and so does hubby who by the way is even worse than I am at keeping a straight face.

So this leads us back to when Andie was staying with us and she was on the computer with Lily hovering inches away from her and she found this little game that she had received in an email where you have to bash brussel sprouts before they get on your plate. Pretty harmless so we let Lily have a bash at it. Needless to say Lily loved it. Well, my dear cousin sang the theme tune to the game, just once and as she was singing it she realised that, that probably wasn't her most shining moment but it was to late, Lily had heard the words and they are now embedded in the deep recesses of her brain and she just blurts out this little diddy over and over again. Of course it might have something to do with Lily's repulsion of the veg but somehow I think it is the very last word in the song. So what did we do? Crack up laughing of course! I know it wasn't good and she is only 4 and there is plenty of time for such behaviour but honestly it isn't possible to keep a straight face all of the time. Oh and it gets worse I video taped her for everyone to hear.

If you also want to bash some sprouts here is the link: http://www.eyegas.com/xmas05/


WARNING: Not for little ears.(Nikki just because I have corrupted one Lily it doesn't mean I want to corrupt anymore of them!)



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny - you've got quite the little singer on your hands I think!!!!

M3 said...

Funny! I think Rod might share her sentiments about that lovely vegetable...

3D said...

I can see the dilemma! It is bad but so funny! She is a character.

Keep smilin!

Rhonda said...

Oh geez, she is TOO cute!

PIPO said...

Rutrow LOL....She has that one pegged right on...evil cabbage embryos!

Ann said...

That's so funny. You know I had to go and play, several times. Even though I really like sprouts. I'm a dork I know.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's not too bad! ;-)

Anonymous said...

You're not a bad "mummy" at all, I couldn't help but laugh either (and I really needed to laugh after the awful day at work ---13 hrs long of awfulness too).

Anonymous said...

I have been visiting your blog for some time now and have a Lily too~ She is 4 years old as well! I really love your videos or her, with this one particularly funny. How could you keep a straight face?! She is a doll

Anonymous said...

Well Dawn, thanks for the warning, but my Lily just HAS TO watch yours on video... we loved it.
Lily Lin managed not to repeat the "poo", but has been saying "spwouts, spwouts"...

Anonymous said...

That's funny that Lily remembered the words to the song. Of course, I had to go to the site and play the game for myself. hehe

Anonymous said...

You're definitly non a bad mummy! It's hard to resist that cute little face and laugh of Lily! :)

Anonymous said...

OK, if you publish the dodgy photo of me and I'll find another song to teach Lily!!!

Andie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails