15 Jan 2007

Art Festivals and Bike Riding

Yesterday was the Beaux Arts Festival at the Uni' of Miami. We went last year and had a really wonderful day and one of the things that Lily got to do was fill a bottle full of lots of different coloured sand. She thought it was fantastic and carried this bottle all around for the rest of the day as if it was made of diamonds. Sadly just as we were approaching the car I dropped it and it smashed into a cazillion pieces and she was devastated. Due to the fact that we were going somewhere else after the festival we didn't have time to go back and do another one. She cried for ages and I felt really awful. In fact she had never made me feel quite so terrible and the guilt got to me that I asked Jacob to take her back the next day just to do another one and of course being super dad, he did. I swear you would have thought I had killed her best friend she made such a fuss. So needless to say when she realised where we were yesterday she immediately wanted to fill another sand bottle and somehow managed to lead us to the mans stall. Not quite sure how she did it as we did not park in the same area this year!! Then she also remembered something that she had eaten there last year and wanted to eat it again. What is with this kids memory and can I borrow it or at least share it with her dad.

After the festival we went bike riding again with her new red helmet. Red is one of her favourite colours and she is convinced it always brings her luck and judging by her riding skills yesterday she just might be right. She only wiped out once and that time she ran me over and took us both out but neither one of us could stop laughing. Thankfully Jakey did NOT have the camera rolling!


Cool Beans, Sand Art I must keep Mummy Away.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Get Away From Here Mummy


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


All Done


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


I'm Staying With Daddy


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


If you listen carefully in this video you can hear her shrieks of delight as she rides like a mad woman around the park. It was a bit windy so the microphone really picked that up.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Jacob The Clown


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

10 comments:

3D said...

Poor Mummy! Bottled sand...who knew it would be so important.

I adore that she was shrieking with delight. It is was being a kid is all about.

Keep smilin!|

PIPO said...

Oh I used to love sand art too...I hadn't thought that I'll have an excuse to indulge again!

The shreiks on the bike...wow, when is the last time we were so happy to do something like that? Girlfriend has it all figured out :0)

Jacob on the bike...priceless. I am very impressed with his man flexibility!

Special K said...

I went back and read through your whole blog after I saw you posting comments on Connie's. Let me just say that your daughter is absolutely beautiful. Some of those videos had me laughing out loud! She's a hoot! Thanks for sharing. It helps me get through the wait...
LID 6-14-06

PS You two are awesome parents! You seem like you all have so much fun together. Which I think is the most important thing in a family.

elizabeth said...

That looks like some good family fun! If you're ever looking for a little project at home, you can do that sand art with table salt and food coloring mixed in plastic baggies. Not as cool as at the fair, but Lily may enjoy it, especially if you can find lots of botttles and jars of different shapes =)

Anonymous said...

Lily and I so enjoyed your videos once again! I cannot believe how good she is on that little bike!!!
Jacob is pretty OK too -- hee hee.

You all are enjoying Florida weather and I am jealous once again.

Anonymous said...

I have never experienced sand art, but desperately want to after reading this post! What a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! Very cute pics!

Ann said...

kids memories are great....my Dad still owes me a pony!!!

Look at her go, she's doing awesome on the bike and I love hearing the joy in her voice.

Anonymous said...

Lily, you are really doing well without your training wheels, soon you'll be as good as Dadddy! I can't believe he managed to get his legs on the pedals.
Andie

Lulli said...

Good for people to know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails