22 Dec 2006

Master Baker

One of our favourite Christmas treats in England to eat are Mince Pies. Lily had her first one a couple of weeks ago and loved it and wanted them now here too. Lily loves to particpate in baking anything even if the pastry comes out of a box which this time it did since we were very short on time (I know the shame of it all but I had to admit to this since the box is plainly visible in the photo, next time I will be more careful!). We just wanted to eat them and the fastest way to get there was fine with all of us.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Oooppsie...she got a little over zealous with this one and it hit the deck!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Yikes....look at the precision with the knife.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


They turned out fine and Lily has eaten more than anyone which is surprising because mince pies are not very sweet and are quite a mature taste but she tasted them in England and loved them and couldn't wait to make them here.

7 comments:

PIPO said...

I find it amazing that she loves them. Mince is something that has never been for me...not even as a big girl. At Lily's age I probably would have run away from a mince pie ;0)

Good for her!

Dannye said...

I haven't quite matured like Lily (I do not have a taste for Mince Pies), but way to go Lily.

She seems so grown up on all your posts, you sure she's only 4???

Anonymous said...

OK, I have got to get my hands on some of these mince pies. I have never tried them, but have been hearing such good things lately.
Do you think Lily could whip up a batch and bring them to us????

Anonymous said...

I have never tried a mince pie! I don't even think I've had the opportunity to!

Lily looks like she's a good helper in the kitchen. I look forward to cooking with my girl someday, too.

Merry Christmas to you, Dawn!

3D said...

Cute little baker!

Keep smilin!

LedaP said...

she is very cute!

Ann said...

I don't know what mince pies are, but they look good and she did a fabulous job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails