23 Dec 2006

OUCH

Yesterday afternoon I received a phonecall from the nurse at Lily's school saying that she had had a very minor accident in the playground. She put Lily on the phone so that I could talk to her and in a very quiet and teary voice she sort of explained what had happened. I then spoke to the nusre who really gave me a better idea of what had happened and what it comes down to is this: Lily was running and she used her face for a brake when she hit the fence. It isn't very bad is what they said and she bashed her lip and split it so it is swollen and bruised so is her cheek. We are icing her and she is fine. My poor little pumpkin cried and she never cries but it was probably from the blood cos she hates blood. I went and picked her up and she had one fat lip but other than that she was just fine. I never did find the bruise on the cheek that they mentioned. She does have a loose tooth but I am really hoping it will re-set itself but if it doesn't it doesn't. I have been down that path with her before and frankly I want her to keep her teeth until they fall out naturally but we had a very close call at 17 months that involved a trip to the emergency room and the dentist on call managed to save them so if at 4 1/2 she loses one now I can deal with it! So here is Lily with her Mike Tyson lip.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

6 comments:

PIPO said...

Yowsa! That's one way to get Angelina Jolie lips. Hope it's back to normal soon :0)

3D said...

Ouch! Poor bunny! Hope it returns to normal colour and size soon.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Poor little sweetheart! I hope she is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

That is a phone call no mom wants to get -- I'm glad it wasn't too serious.
Kisses to Lily from Lily Lin. She is a real trooper!

Dannye said...

Owwwwiiiieeee!!! I am crying for Lily too, that really hurts me for her. Maybe ice cream will take the ouchies away????

Ann said...

Poor baby. That darn fence just got in the way. I'm glad that she was able to break her fall with her face....ouch!!! Hope it's feeling better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails