4 Nov 2006

Hanging with friends

Lily and some of her friends got to play this evening at a play area in a mall because her mother is a complete buffoon and cannot read a flyer properly! Let me explain: I had read all about this wonderful hayride and s'mores evening that was taking place at a park every Saturday evening for the month of November so I gathered a group of friends and invited them to join us. We don't have such things down here so needless to say everyone jumped at the chance. (Yepper, everyone now knows what a moron I am).

As we were driving there one of the other mums in the car read the flyer and said, this isnt tonight it is next week! Turns out what I thought was a dash on the flyer wasn't, it was a dot so the event takes place 4 times over 2 months and not every Saturday night. Holy moly, now what? A car full of kids and others that we are rendezvousing with there. I grabbed my cellphone and started humiliating myself. Fortunately these people are all my friends and know I am a ditz. We decided to meet at a mall at the play area. I told Lily a itty bitty white lie that went something like this......that was auntie Jen on the phone and she said the park just called her and said it is so windy tonight (it really is) that it blew the campfire out so the evening has been cancelled so we are going to a play area instead! ( Yes I know I am going straight to hell)

Oh why do I feel that Hubby is going to get great mileage out of this little snafu!



Making S'mores..NOT


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Singing Camp songs....NOT

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Hayride......OKAY so it's NOT

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

1 comment:

3D said...

Tooo funny!

Keep smilin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails