28 Apr 2013

Waves

Yesterday on Facebook a friend posted that they went to the beach for the first time this year. It inspired me and so this morning I threw that very idea out to the girls and they dashed to get ready. I was concerned that the water would still be much to cold.....for me. I was sure that I would be at the waters edge begging them to be careful and come a little closer to the shore. I was wrong, the water was a still freezing a smidge to cold for me but I was brave and went in with them anyway.

This is the time of year when our water is the clearest and the bluest. The closer we get to summer the scummier our water gets. The tropical storms and hurricanes churn it up and fill it with weed and stuff. Now it is a beautiful colour and quite clear. Today we even had waves which are rare here.


Stunning, no?
Manic swimmer on the beach
Oh dear lord there are 2 of them
After you. No, after you.
It's cold
Run for the land
fooled you, I'm not going in, ha ha ha 
Eventually they both went in
and then they both got out and Lily started to dig to China
and Rosie played with the sand

3 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

Ooooh I'm sooooo jealous!

Vivian M said...

When we lived in Fla we never went to the beach or used the pool....now we miss it, go figure!
Love that Lily has a waterproof cast and can swim with it!

likeschocolate said...

The water is stunning! I can't imagine the water was even a tiny bit cold for the girls given that they swim all year long. It hasn't been warm enough for enough days to go swimming here in Georgia. Glad you had a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails