12 Feb 2013

Glass half full


It's shortly after 10pm on an evening that has followed a rather taxing day. I would like the day to be over but I still have a a few things to do and that's OK. I just walked over to the kitchen sink and noticed a puddle of water in front of the dishwasher. I cleaned it up and chose to think that it wasn't coming from under the dishwasher as that would be annoying and not part of my master plan. I went away and came back.

So did the puddle.

I now have a dishwasher in the middle , well not quite the middle, of the kitchen floor as it is still plugged in. I stared at it for a few minutes before attacking it with my screwdriver and wondering what to do next. I remember the contractor saying something or other when we re-did the kitchen about, this hose here, and this one going there, but that's about all. 

The good news is that the puddle was leaking under the dishwasher and and not out from under. One of the girls must have spilt some water before they went to bed. They spilt it so close that some went under it. When I cleaned it up more must have seeped out.

Now I have to work out how the dickens to get the dishwasher back in and the front plates back on. But that's fine with me cos it's not leaking and that is all I care about. 

Yay for crappy days ending on a high note......and not needing flood pants.

2 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

"I am woman hear me roar". You go girl!

Vivian M said...

Oh wow...I would have called a plumber! Good for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails