31 Jan 2012

Yee Haw

A few weeks ago a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go to the Rodeo. That was an easy one to answer, Uh, hell no. Come on she said, Lily would love all the horses and Rosie would too. I thought about for a second and said I'd ring Jacob. That was a bad move because he said yes. I bought 4 tickets and we went this past weekend.

Call me crazy but when I go to an event and have purchased tickets for said event I expect to be able to park my car. Am I wrong? Well the parking situation was chaotic to say the least. Hubby decided to just do what everyone else was doing and park anywhere. Thank heavens for SUV's. He pulled up on the grass, over the curb and parked next to a trailer.

We headed into the arena. Dear lord was it smelly. Lots of bull and horses mean lots of, well you get the picture. I am walking along with my nose all scrunched up and we head for our seats. Oh just sit anywhere is the theme of the day, so we did. Little boy scouts are going around selling popcorn, soda, cotton candy etc but how on earth can anyone eat anything at this germ infested poop bowl? By the time it all got going I had purelled my hands at least a dozen times and the kids were staying really close to Jacob so I couldn't get them again.

Things were finally picking up when over the loud speakers came a voice asking the owner of a Blue, blah blah blah, license plate, *&^ J*Z please go and move your car, the horses don't have enough room. We looked at each other rather sheepishly and Jacob left to move the car. Once I was sure he was out of sight I sent him a text saying he would never find a parking space and that perhaps we should just leave. He ignored me and not 5 minutes later came sprinting back up the bleachers. Dang!

It appeared that they all were having a good time. Lily truly did love seeing the horses and the barrel races. I just sat in my little purelled section trying not to breathe. Finally they announced the bull riders. They were the other end of the arena but we could see them. The clowns came out and were really very funny and then the first bull and rider were introduced. Before I had even figured out where to look he was off of the bull. This pattern continued for a few minutes until I got in the zone. Taking photos was virtually impossible from our vantage point.

Finally it was time to leave and I was about to be back in my car and able to breathe!
Next time Kelly asks me if I want to go to a rodeo I will say, no thank you and forget to pass the message on to the rest of the family.


I forget what these girls are called but they ride in a really intricate routine
flag holders

I love how everything is blurred except the riders. They really do go fast.
Roping
barrel races



Lily barely even looked at me she was so engrossed in what was happeningHe got free!
crazy.
Silly girls

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

I can just imagine....glad everyone else had fun! ;o)

Life frome where we are said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I would be with Lily & love it!

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine the look on Lily's face when you told her... I wish that I could go to a rodeo, to see the amazing talented horses, not the smell! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails