9 Sept 2011

Remembrance Day

In honour of the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks the 11th of September has been named Remembrance Day. Today the girls were asked to dress in red, white and blue for school instead of their school uniforms.

On the way to school Lily was asking questions about the attacks and I wondered if they had even discussed them with the students. It wouldn't make much sense to have them dress in patriotic colours if they didn't understand why they were doing it. I was happy to hear that they have talked about that day. Lily knows quite a bit about it including the fact that one of my clients was on the plane that went into World Trade Centre One.

My patriotic girls.
He he he...I've made her look like a big giant head in this photo! Don't you just love her penchant for odd socks?
More whacky socks here
I love the way Rosie is looking up at Lily. She is probably thinking, I'm nearly as tall as you.



3 comments:

Catherine said...

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years and yet in some ways it seems so recent too. There are images of that day that I'll never forget, nor do I really want to. That awful day helped me appreciate the little things about every single day we have. So sorry to hear you lost a friend in the tragedy.

Cute pics and I love that they've asked the girls to dress in red, white and blue.

On a side note, there is a new store at Downtown Disney that my niece fell in love with! It's called 'Little Miss Matched' and sells everything mismatched! Socks, tops, skirts. I thought it was just my niece's crazy way of dressing but I guess it's all the rage right now. Yikes!! :o)

Life frome where we are said...

Cute odd socks!

This has been a real tear-jerker week between all the people around us flooded out & the anniversary of 9/11. It feels like I'm constantly wiping my eyes!

BTW Rosie is getting taller!

Maci Miller said...

aww...so sweet. We didn't talk to Ruby about it yet. Think she's too young to handle all that just yet. So sad. :-(

The girls look so cute in their red, white, and blue and funky socks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails