23 Sept 2011

Puddles

The weather forecast today called for a 50% chance of rain and thunderstorms. It was fine up until 30 minutes before Rosie was due to get out of school and then the thunder and rain started. The thunder was short lived but the rain didn't stop. I decided against taking umbrellas to school and went instead with our raincoats and wellies. All the parents carry massive golf brollies and it's every man for himself as you walk up the path to pick the kiddies up. I'm convinced one day that I will lose an eye. I waited in the pouring rain until Rosie was dismissed and I stood to the side with her, changed her out of her shoes and into her coat and wellies and with that we be-bopped back to the car splashing in every puddle that we saw.

She loved it. I realised as we were about to leave that I had my phone with me so I snapped a few photos of her.

When she took her boots off they were full of water!
I had promised her yesterday that I would pick her up from school today on the bike, luckily the puddle jumping made her forget. I'll have to do that on Monday.

1 comment:

Life frome where we are said...

Puddles are so much fun! We've had enough of them around here......it never stops raining!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails