18 Sept 2011

From whence it came?

Yesterday the girls were fine. Dandy in fact. In the middle of the night I was awoken by Jacob saying very quietly, Dawn wake up, Rosie is burning up. I scooped her up in my arms and didn't even need to feel her head, her whole body was like an oven. We went to the kitchen, I took her temp, gave her a drink, gave her some meds, all in the dark and we went back upstairs. I decided to sleep with her so we headed to her room. Kid was way to hot to sleep so we lay in bed together for a few hours before she finally dozed off.
We woke up a little later than usual and were greeted by Lily who was feeling rotten also.
Fun times.
I absolutely hate that they are back in school and catching everything known to man. I know it is good for them in the long run but getting that immune system built up is painful. Lily usually manages to shrug these germs off but Rosie isn't so lucky.
I was shocked the other day when I asked them if they were washing their hands before they ate lunch at school and Lily responded by saying, they can't because it takes to long and with 40+ kids they would spend their whole lunch time queueing up for a sink. Say what???? At least I give them wipies to use.
Today we were meant to go to a birthday party, we laid low instead.

Rosie attempted to play a game with us but really couldn't stay interested.

Lily skyp*d with her China sister.and a little later she decided it was time for a makeover. Since they have both been a little quiet today I didn't really notice when Lily went missing. By the time she was done she looked, well she looked very made up, lets leave it at that.

We just stayed at home. playing a few games and watching movies. Hopefully the girlies will feel fine again in the morning.

3 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

I hope Rosie feels better soon!

Love Letters To China said...

Hope the girls feel better soon.

Polar Bear said...

Hope both are feeling better soon.
Z has been sick all weekend, too. He still isn't ready for school tomorrow. :o(

Is it really good in the long run? That is good to know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails