5 Aug 2011

More unsleeping

True to form the girls were, up and at 'em, bright and early this morning. I heard them in their room but skillfully and stealthfully (I think I may have just made up a word) I shot past their door and down the stairs without them hearing me. I am not a morning person, my girls are used to it but I really don't like to terrifying small unassuming children who are staying with us so I needed to get downstairs and have some "me time" before they found me.
After about half an hour they bebopped down to the kitchen full of the joys of childhood. One by one they announced they were hungry and of course every single child wanted something different. Lucky for them I had had some quiet time. LOL One of them even asked for Taco eggs. What on earth are taco eggs?*** I asked for a description but I still have no idea so they settled on pancakes instead. I made a huge batch of pancakes which, horror of all horrors, they covered in Nutella spread. Hey I never said they had a healthy breakfast I just said they had breakfast. Actually they ate lots of fruit with them and tonnes of cereal and yoghurts and lord knows what else. They were packing it in cos they had planned a hectic day which judging by the way they were eating didn't include any food stops.

This is really way to much cheer for me at this time of day.


We went back to the pool for a few hours and they had so much fun. I had initially planned on taking lunch but decided that that would be a good way to get them back home again so I just took snacks. It worked well. That and a promise of taking the Jeep out for a ride once it cooled off a bit.
I wonder what they were plotting
Chillaxing
So beautiful
awww

These 2 got benched for 5 minutes for diving into the deep end near the drain. I know that the drains have the "special" covers on now but I do not let the kids go near them. They actually dove down and were looking at it....duh! They know the rules and broke them anyway so here they are on bench time! THey look really bothered don't they.
Joie and Lily having a gossip. They were talking about another family that was in the pool and it was none to kindly I might add. They did not care for the way the Mother spoke to her kids. Funny little fishwives

AFter lunch they all just sort of faded and landed on the couch watching T.V. I left them their and stayed clear. After a while they perked up a bit and played but by then it was nearly time for Hollis to arrive. Just as they remembered the Jeep Hollis did arrive so we made it quick and I failed to take any photos.
I had a blast having them here, I always do. I love that her girls treat this house like their own. It isn't as if I have kids staying that i don't know very well. I love all of them dearly and we just always have a great time together. We already have another one planned for next week. We have to do as many as we can before school starts because then the homework schedule kicks in and other things start happening and it gets so hard.

****I just got off the phone with Hollis and it's no wonder that I don't know what Taco eggs are! Trevi made up the name for a certain style of eggs that Grandma Grace cooks for her. It is quite simply a sunny side up egg with grated cheese on top that Grace then rolls up and to Trevi it looks like a taco. Geesh...well I'm ready next time. Hmm, bet she won't even ask for one.

5 comments:

Johnny said...

Taco Egg = Breakfast Taco

scrambled eggs with:
a) nothing
b) any other breakfast item

wrapped up in a tortilla

dawn said...

Johnny, that's what I guessed but they looked at me like I'd sprouted a new head.

Briana's Mom said...

Wow! What a fun sleepover!! Please invite me next time ~ I want to join in the fun!!!!

Tammie said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with nutella on a pancake & a side of fruit! Of course, I'd probably make them breakfast crepes, spread the nutella on them & top with fruit. Roll those puppies up & enjoy!

I like your rule about no diving by the pool drain. Safety first. All in all, it looks like everyone had a grand time!

Maci Miller said...

This post made me smile. What a fun time and your sense of humor and wit cracks me up. I especially loved the Nutella, fishwives description and the happy pic of the girls getting "benched". Yep. Not too bothered by that punishment!

Glad you all had such an amazing time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails