4 Aug 2011

Another unsleepover

These crazy girls of ours, Hollis' and mine, just can't get enough of each other. Every single day Lily asks me if I have arranged another sleepover. We had arranged one but we didn't let on. It's better this way as life has a habit of happening once you have made plans and if the kids know then the kids are disappointed and frankly in my opinion NOTHING is worse than a cranky disappointed kid who has just been told the sleepover has been cancelled.
So at lunchtime today we sprang it on 'em and they were thrilled. Once the girls arrived they wasted no time in the fun department.




This picture just makes me laugh. I have no idea what she was thinking/doing.



Once I finally managed to convince them that after hours of swimming they really did need to eat we came home and I was astounded at just how much food five hungry kids can consume in just a few short minutes. Sitting down to eat is nothing more than a massive inconvenience when there is fun to be had so as soon as the last morsel had been scooped up they were back to their antics. They played non stop for hours until I, mean Mummy that I am, suggested that they take a shower and at least get ready for bed.
Once that annoyance was over and done with it was back to more games.
Honestly, you'd think these kids never get to be together the way they cherish every single second.
This Scrabble game started at 10.30!!!! Trevi had already gone to sleep and I have no idea how Rosie was managing to stay awake
Funny girls. They wanted wavy hair tomorrow so they braided their hair tonight after their shower. I just giggle each time I look at them. They look so cheeky.
I suppose at this point the good news is that the fun has at least moved to the bedroom!

The girls know that when they sleep here they can sleep wherever they choose. Until tonight they have always chosen to sleep in our bed. Jacob and I move into one of the girls rooms for the night. Tonight however Jacob and I have our bed (yeehaw) because the girls have decided they all want to sleep together on a queen sized air mattress in Rosie's room. I think that they should have as much fun as possible on an un-sleepover so I pretty much give them what they want.
It's now 11.44 and even though they are in bed they are still going strong, including Rosie, and have made a pact to get up at 6.00am so that they have more time together. You know what? Somehow they will wake up at 6. I don't know how but one of them will, they always do.
Tomorrow we have more pool plans and other fun things to do and by the end of it I am going to have 2 tired tykes but it's ok tomorrow is another day with another night and tomorrow night they can go to bed early. It's all just fine.
Have fun girls, I love having you all here, I truly do. These are the memories that I dreamt of making for so many years and now I can and I love it. (tomorrow morning at 6 I might not be loving it though)

3 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

"so I pretty much give them what they want."

I think that sentence(copied from your blog)pretty much sums up why they love unsleepovers!!!!

Catherine said...

Unsleepovers are the best! Glad your girls enjoyed theirs.

Oooo...love your bubbles in the pool idea. Will have to try this sometime too!

Maci Miller said...

This is the stuff of life, right here! Good friends and sleepovers and girlie fun are what it's all about. How awesome they all love each other so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails