29 Jun 2011

Bowled over by silliness

It's Wednesday so that can only mean one thing: play date. Someone should have told the weather man cos it lashed rain all afternoon and as I drove home from an unexpected work appointment Jen and I made a "B" for the play date.

She told me to print out my coupons for free bowling from here and to meet her Bird B0wl. Jacob printed the coupons, I grabbed the kids some socks and off we dashed. The kids bowled with Ed. Jacob and I bowed out and Jen couldn't bowl as she is having a kidney stone blown to smithereens early tomorrow morning and didn't need any extra stress on her body. She did however need a distraction and this proved to be the perfect thing.

Lily was leading the pack for the longest time but out of nowhere Ed found his mojo and blew everyone out of the water.

Evan, taking things very seriously
And finally he's off.
Rosie with the helpy thingy
She insisted on carrying her own ball. Looks like she is using a zimmer frame LOL
Smiley Lily

By the time they were done with 2 games we were freezing, the A/C was set to some horrendous subzero digit and also hungry so we decided to go to a local BBQ restaurant for dinner together.

The "k's" sat on one side of the table and we sat on the other with Danielle directly in front of me. Ever since the swimming incident she isn't quite as happy to see me as she used to be. Once she was firmly planted in her highchair with table separating us she was her usual chipper self. She was babbling away in her scribbley language and I was talking back using the same nonsense language. We chatted this way for ages before anyone noticed but then Jenny looked at me and cracked up. I was talking hurdy gurdy, better known to her and I as Swedish. Only Jen and I would find this funny and we did, well Danielle enjoyed our conversation but frankly I have no idea what we were talking about.

I think it is safe to say I have crawled out of my head. All serious thinking has been put on hold until after I get back from the UK. The girls and I leave one week from tonight. Hollis and her girls arrive one week from Saturday and Jacob, well lets just say, we are really going to miss him.

P.S. bowling shoes just really creep me out.

3 comments:

Tammie said...

I love playdates like this. You know. Inside. OTOH, I could live without the subzero temps.

HOw wonderful that Hollis & her girls will be joining you on your family holiday back home!

Vivian M said...

Wishing you a safe and fabulous trip back home!

Maci Miller said...

Hooray for fun play dates! Glad you all had fun and glad you have your trip soon! We are headed back down to the beach this week, so if I don't talk to you b4 then - have an amazing time!
Hugs from us!
Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails