7 May 2011

Keepsake moments

Today I asked the girls what they wanted to do with Andie and I threw out a few ideas. I honestly didn't think they would want to do anything other than swim. Must have been my lucky day cos they chose, Kennedy Park and A.C.'s icee's followed by dinner at an absolute dive called Scotty's Landing, a fave of ours because of it's atmosphere and location.

We headed out and within moments both girls were fast asleep in the car. (They were exhausted from yesterday and I will post about it soon. Let's just say it was an insane day filled with many hilarious moments.)

First we headed to the park and once we had explored E.V.E.R.Y.S.I.N.G.L.E inch of it, stopped for an Icee.








Anybody know what sort of bug this is?





Then we headed into the Grove proper for a walk around before heading back to Scotty's for dinner.








We walked past here on our way to dinner

All of the parking spaces outside are marked for various staff members from Mayor to the commissioners but my absolute favourite is this one

I can't help thinking, what with this being Miami and all, that this space must always be vacant ~ snort.

And finally I will leave you with a Public Service Announcement.
If you DON'T wear sunscreen and you insist on soaking up the sun you will end up looking like this.

Click to enlarge.
Such a fabulous day. We are all in denial about Andie leaving tomorrow. But I have lots of posts to do that include her and the trouble we managed to get in to.

5 comments:

Luciana said...

Oh what fun! Beautiful pix.

Life frome where we are said...

Looks like you are enjoying your time with Andie. Happy Mother's Day!!!

Gail said...

Happy Mother's Day Dawn and family!

Anonymous said...

That bug looks like it could be a love bug to me, since it's attached to another bug, but if you find out let me know! I'm a fellow Miami resident and one of those nasty things flew on me while I was walking the dog yesterday! YIKES!!

Tammie said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful day! I admit that while I don't miss living down by you, I miss certain things - The Grove was always a beautiful place to spend the day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails