1 Apr 2011

The Tricks Are A Flying

Lily is really into Aprils Fool's Day and pranks. I didn't want to disappoint so after they went to bed last night I snuck into their rooms and took all of their undies, socks and their robes, came down stairs and started sewing.
In the drawers they keep their undies in little piles with the undies laid out flat. I took the crotch of one and sewed it to the waistband of the next one in the pile and so on and so on. They keep their socks in little balls so that was easy enough I just linked them all together in a snake like pattern with a stitch or two holding them in place. As for the robes I just sewed the armhole opening closed.
I then took a couple of pairs of Rosies socks and stuffed them into the toes of all their shoes so that their toesies wouldn't fit today. Then I headed to bed.....with a big grin on my face.
Seconds after Rosie woke up she was getting so cross because she couldn't get her arm into her robe. Ha....trick number one = success.
Jacob asked me to wake him up in plenty of time this morning so that he could experience the undies trick. Once the girls ate their breakfast we went up to get ready for school. Jacob appeared and watched as Rosie went to get a pair of knickers and ended up with an underwear banner dragging behind her. She laughed so much. I was watching Lily do the same thing but of course being Lily she was chatting away and not looking so as she stepped into the knickers her banner was dragging behind her unnoticed. LOL. By the time she realised something was wrong her undies broke free but the socks got her!
Rosie was the first to try on her shoes and immediately found her socks which made Lily look in hers before she attempted to put her foot in. Jacob certainly wasn't expecting to have his shoes stuffed! When we walked out to the car the first thing Jacob noticed was that his car had magically been decorated overnight and was now covered with every single magnet we own. It looked really hippy-ish!
That is where the tricks stopped for the day but come bedtime the girls will be surprised to find that Daddy has short sheeted their beds and I am planning on running a really cold bath for them this evening and only calling them into the bathroom when it is time to jump in. I will of course add some bubbles to make it even more enticing.
Hope you had a trick filled day also.
I'm a little concerned for as far as I can tell Jacob hasn't pranked me yet. I need to keep my eyes wide open!

5 comments:

pam said...

what wonderful parents. and so what was done to you?
pammie

pam said...

what wonderful parents. and so what was done to you?
pammie

Vivian M said...

Oh you should have taken pictures!!!

Tammie said...

Evil. You are pure evil. And, I love it!

Maci Miller said...

hahaha...that is hilarious! You are TOO good. We all had colds and didn't do a darn thing. Shame on us! Think I will steal the sock and undies banner trick for next year! On Jeff as well as Ruby hahaha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails