26 Mar 2011

Madness

Today Lily surprised me by not waking up until 9.15. This is a record and a huge stride for her. Lily has always been one to awaken very early regardless of what time she went to bed. Jacob and I joke that the orphanage must have implanted a chip inside of her and when it is 6.am they activate it and Lily springs to life.
I cooked a huge breakfast that they both devoured and then they joined me on my run. (not my favourite way to run at all.)
We came back and barely had enough time to shower before heading to riding.

Do you notice something different in these pictures?




She is bare back! She loved every second of it and had so many people comment on her form etc.

The girls wanted to head to the beach today but after being outdoors for a couple of hours in 90 degrees, yes it is summer here already, gah, I was not about to head to the beach. We had a huge sort out of toys instead, which basically meant we played with lots of different games for ages whilst the girls said they couldn't part with anything. (lets hope they don't check the trash or my hiding place for charity drop off.) Then they had a tea party, that was when I took over the sorting of toys.

A tea party
Cute and tiny tea set

This is how they play 0ld Maid
Odd aren't they?

We even went through the crayon box and of course that ended with us baking some fancy crayons. They both sat in front of the cooker the whole time just staring at the crayons melting.
Master Chefs
What's for dinner?

They loved doing this and were so excited with their crayon cocktails and the new colours.


This evening Rosie went to bed early and that left Lily and I to observe Earth Hour. Lily is not afraid of much. In fact she is bold but the dark gets her every single time. The idea of turning off our electric for an hour thrilled her until she realised it would be dark. She found every candle and torch in this house.
Here she is being brave-ish.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

We played hide and seek int he dark and told a couple of stories, she made shadow puppets until she scared herself and then we decided to read a book and that kept her occupied. She would occasionally stop reading and ask, "are ghosts real" or "do you believe in Aliens?" It was so hard not to laugh.
I think that sums up the madness of our day. Tomorrow is going to be the beach so I am quite sure I'll have lots of photos.

( Lily had been dressing up and was still half in a costume. I do not let her wear strapless black spandex dresses....honest)

1 comment:

Life frome where we are said...

Wow...riding bareback...great form!! How come you have summer & we can't seem to find spring????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails