27 Feb 2011

SoBe Food and Wine Festival.

If I told you I spent the day surrounded by the likes of Giarda De Laurentiis, Rachel Ray and Jamie Oliver, to name a few would you be jealous? Well don't be cos it wasn't as grand as it sounds. This weekend was the South Beach Food and Wine Festival and it is really an incredible event however we went to the kids festival hosted my the Food Network and not the adult area. It was an amazing day. Celebrity chefs were giving demonstrations and there were so many things for the kids to do. My favourite was the Barilla tent where the girls got to make their own pasta and do all sorts of crafts whilst wearing chefs hats and pinnies which they were allowed to keep. The girls were photographed for the barilla website and for a yout*be video. I will link it when I see it.

The weather was perfect and the setting was fabulous, Jungle Island on Watson Island down by the beach. So much fun crammed into one short day and I have no idea how Rosie managed to keep herself away on the drive home. My money was riding on her being asleep before we left the car park.

Getting on his goat.
My little rebel
The Chefs
Seriously, doesn't she look adorable?
That's the pasta that she made.

THe girls starring in their own Food Network cooking show.

They loved this turtle
Really loved it.


Once we had spent time at the festival we went around and enjoyed Jungle Island.
Rosie feeding Ginger, gingerly
The bird show
If that landed on your car you would panic!
Watching Rosie's reaction to talking birds was priceless
Everywhere I am she has to be touching me.......I think it is so sweet.


I never even saw a glass of wine!

2 comments:

4D said...

What a great day!!!

Keep smilin!

Panic Attacks said...

When ever we go for outside then it is a really a festival of eating many different types so tasty things also a festival of the wine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails