14 Jan 2011

Me Time

One of my goals for the year was to actually have some, me time. Sounds rather selfish I know but that is because I need to take care of everyone else before I think of me so I put me last all the time. Not this year baby!

Now to some of you this will sound dreadful but I consider my exercise time, my time. Don't come anywhere near me when I am exercising. I make sure I get this time every single day. If I don't I am cranky. Very, very cranky.

Today I was all set to spend the morning playing with Rosie and doing whatever she wanted when I suddenly realised my friend Jakie and I needed to get together for a coffee. I was so shocked at myself for doing it but we did. I rounded Rosie into the car and off we went. Jakie and I had a great time window shopping and yipping and Rosie enjoyed her treat at the coffee house and her ride on the carousel. See, I am not totally selfish, well, not yet.
You can see by the look on her face she had no idea it was all about me!


By the end of this year I am going to find the time to get away for a weekend, just me. No kidlets allowed. I know I will be a much better Mother for some me time so that is what the goal is based on. That and the fact that due to having no family at all around sometimes I could go crazy. LOL The only time I have ever been away from Lily is for 2 nights when my Mother died and I flew back to the UK for the funeral. I arrived one day and left the following. I have never been away from Rosie.

Tonight I went for a run. Yes, for the first time in my life I went running. What is more scary than me running is the fact that I loved it. I told the girlies to get on their bicyclettes and off we went. I had to keep stopping cos Rosie found this and that to stop and peruse but for the most part it worked fabulously.

So here's to a nicer, more patient me...... cheers.

6 comments:

Maci Miller said...

I think that's a fabulous plan! I am in that same place myself. I don't think it's being selfish. Fitting in some time for you keeps you a sane, happy, and patient mommy! :-)

Life frome where we are said...

OMG...that's the way I am. Exercise time is sacred!!! Yo go girl!!

Andie said...

Great idea, if you need any tips on being selfish, I'm the expert, it does help not having kids of course.

I'm more than willing to babysit while I'm there and I'm sure Jacob and I can manage a weekend between us. I would offer to let Jacob off too, but how would we eat???

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Love Andie

Tammie said...

Wow! Awesome plan Dawn! "Me" is someone mommies tend to forget about. We love our partners. We love our children. We love our family. We love our friends. BUT we forget about "Me." That is an awful thing to have happen. So, you go girl! Remember who "Me" is!

Vivian M said...

I hope you can stick to your New Year's resolution. So I can use you as an example for myself, lol. :o)

pam said...

good for you and me time. I am here if you need to leave the girls for some me time. love ya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails