26 Jan 2011

House Of Sick

Not much going on around here that is blogworthy. I'm quite sure you don't want to know the details of Rosie's fever that lasted for days or the river full of snot that she has been producing since her fever broke. I can't see the point in blogging how she shared the crud with her sister, which I find ironic as she is not the best sharer in the world. I of course came down with it next, no fever, she only shared the ability to produce a river of snot with me but she shared the fever part with her dad. He probably will end up with the man flu....heaven help us all.

Since I cannot possibly jinx anything at all with this statement I will say in a loud voice...we don't get sick. We never catch colds, what is going on? I have had 2 since Christmas. The ironic part is I started taking vitamins, as per, Doctor Nasty Pant's, orders at the beginning of December and have been sick since then. I'm thinking it is better to not take supplements and just continue to eat well. I also started a much more rigorous workout schedule. Huh all the things that are meant to keep you healthy appear to be doing me in. LOL

If I am going to point the finger here I shall point it directly at Rosie, that kid has bionic snot! When I picked her up from nursery the other day I scooped her up and planted a big kiss on her face only to find out she had a runny nose and I kissed the schnoog. I placed her down gently (dropped her like a hot potato) and instantly purelled my mouth, including my tongue.....just in case. It didn't work so next time I will try Lys0ling my mouth or perhaps Clor0x!

The other evening, before the plague visited us, we went to a spaghetti dinner at Lily's school. It was a fun evening they had prizes for the kids and contests etc. The turn out was poor due to inclement weather that blew through just as it was about to start. As a thank you to all the kidlets that did show up the Principal gave them a homework pass. I'm not sure who was more thrilled about it, Lily or myself. Third grade homework is not for sissy's.

Here is a picture of us at dinner that night.


6 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Hope everyone is feeling better. It's the absolute worst when Daddy gets sick. I believe they are way worse than when a child is not feeling well.

Good luck!!

Polar Bear said...

You Purelled your mouth!!!! That's a good one, I wish I would have thought of that.

I hope everyone is getting better. We have been sick at our house for months. It seems that day care is an incubator of germs that never stops generating more germs. I have never seen so much schnoze come from one little boy!!

LOVE the picture of the three of you!!

Polar Bear said...

Ps. I don't know if you remember the polar bear you sent me YEARS ago, but Z found it last night and he LOVES it. The long arms made him LAUGH!! :o)

Thanks for the giggles!!

Vivian M said...

Hope everyone is feeling better!

Life frome where we are said...

Why are men such babies???? Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Tammie said...

Hope you're all doing better now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails