15 Dec 2010

Rosie's First Christmas Show

Today was the day for Rosie's much anticipated Christmas Show. Her teachers and I have been working really hard to get her ready for it. Last night she didn't fall asleep for ages and was restless all flipping night long. Not 2 seconds after she had opened her eyes she asked, "Do I have to go to school today?" When I told her yes because it was her Christmas show and she was finally going to sing for Me, Daddy, Goo Goo and Jakie, she burst into tears.

I was asked to go in early and help dress the children. That worked for 2 reasons, Ms. Ria needed help and I was able to stay with Rosie. Daddy went and saved a seat as close to the front as he could and he was able to greet Goo Goo and Jakie when they arrived. Things went okay but not fabulously and Rosie got very teary eyed a few times.

When nobody was cheering her along this is how she looked.....sad huh?


OK, I'll smile and say cheeeeese


Santa


Ho Ho Ho

Finally they were ready to hit the stage. Rosie freaked out. Miss Ria grabbed my scarf and tied it around Rosies neck so that she could have a piece of me with her on stage. I headed for my seat in the Fellowship Hall and left an unsure Rosie with her class.

Introductions were made by the director of the school and then the kids started their procession onto the stage. I truly believed, as did her teacher that if she could see us she would be OK. Ms. Ria kept stressing that we had to get in the front row. That would have been OK if parents had not shown up at 7am to place jackets on seats to reserve them and then drive back home and reappear when school started. But my hubby makes his presence known, especially where his kids are concerned ~snort. Second Row, first row was reserved for parents to sit whilst there kids were on stage and then they returned to their original seats and the next set of parents moved forward. That school thinks of everything.

This video is long but Rosie appears at 48 seconds



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


She did it. She didn't run off of the stage in tears nor did she freeze.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

There she is, wearing my scarf but never mind you can't realy notice it.




Song number 2.....she appears to given up singing here and failed to bow.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

When it was all over and done she got a big hug from Mummy

Daddy and I had a present that we had to unwrap....look who was inside

Bravo Rosie,you did it. Frankly little Peanut, you rocked it!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute.............. <3

Liene said...

How awesome! Rosie makes a super cute Santa Claus. She can bring me presents any day!

Thanks for sharing!

Candy said...

You must be so very proud. Rosie did a fantastic job. She's adorable. Did the present make you cry? So sweet! Happy Holidays!!!!

Love Letters To China said...

Liam was standing next to me when I opened your blog. He yelled out "Hey she's Santa isn't she?". I told him she absolutely is Santa. :-) And quite a cute one too I might add. Congratulations Rosie!!!! You did an amazing job.

Hugs,
Grace

Life frome where we are said...

Oh bless her! She did great....you must be so proud!

Anonymous said...

You were great Rosie, I am very proud of you. Love always Auntie Sally x

Pam said...

way to go Rosie. I am very proud of you. I knew on Thanksgiving you were going to do a great job. You are a super star.
Pam

Special K said...

Yay Rosie! I'm so proud of you. You know... I'm a big tough police officer but sometimes I still get nervous and shy when I have to testify in court. Which is kinda the same thing as standing on a stage in front of people and singing. So I'm very very proud that you were so brave today.

*You'll pass this along won't you Mummy? ;)

Andie said...

Well done Rosie, you look like such a cute Santa. Merry Christmas

Polar Bear said...

Yeah Rosie!!!!!!! What a big girl!! You ROCKED it!!!

Rosie's teacher sure sounds GREAT!! She is really quick on her feet with the scarf!! What a perfect teacher for Miss Rosie!!

Steffie B. said...

Oh my goodness.....I have not been by in so long.....she is all grown up and just as precious as can be!!!

Briana's Mom said...

Way to go Rosie! She is so adorable!!!

Maci Miller said...

OMG, how absolutely adorable is she??? And so brave to get out there and do it when she was so scared. I think if I were you I might have been bawling I'd be so darn proud! God bless her she is so darn sweet. Happy first Christmas show, Rosie! You rocked it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails