30 Dec 2010

Playdates......another name for Mummy fun.

Play dates are something that I strive to offer the girls at least once a week. Why, you ask? It's simple, play dates are another term for fun times for Mummy. When the children are all together playing the Mummy's are able to chit-chat, eat naughty snacks, tell grown up jokes and generally have grown up time for a couple of hours. Oh and of course playing together is an important social skill required during childhood...yes, that's it. It's about them, not me.

Lori, Mummy to the DD invited a few of us over to her house for a play date. I haven't seen these ladies for ages, we live about an hour apart but I have never let distance stop me before and I wasn't about to now. We had fun. Laughing, talking, eating.......the kids were all playing!

Of course Lori had her camera close by and was snapping shots left and right. Beautiful shots.
Rosie's shy face. I absolutely love this shot.
But this one is my favourite. Even with all those freaking laugh lines! Don't you dare call them wrinkles!


Rosie took a few minutes to warm up but once she felt comfortable she was gone and playing with a water toy with her new friend Mia. Lily and Erin became fast friends again and I use the word fast because that best describes them. LOL
Rosie played so hard in the water that he had to borrow some clothes for the ride home because hers got a little moist (read dripping wet.)

Miss Photo Queen extraordinaire had some fabulous ideas for group shots of the kidlets. Of course when you put little friends together they have their own ideas.
Mia, Erin, Katie Starr, Lily, Rosie and the boy the myth the legend, Ethan.

I think that they conspire in voices that parents cannot hear. They arrange to all look in different directions just to make it impossible to take a good shot of all of them.

Rosie looking dashing in her new threads. Half way home she realised they were boys clothes and panicked!
It was a fabulous afternoon spent with wonderful friends, Grace, Tammie, Shannon and the hostess herself, Lori.

2 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

Great pic of you & Rosie......they are laugh lines....da*n cameras!

Love Letters To China said...

I really had such a wonderful time chatting with you ladies. I'm sad my kiddos weren't along for the fun, but I'm glad it didn't stop me from joining in. We definitely need to do this again much sooner than before.

Love these pics!! So cute of all the kids...and the one of Rosie is adorable.

Hugs,
Grace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails