18 Dec 2010

Full Of Christmas Cheer ?

Yesterday was Rosie's Christmas party. (I am a day behind with my posts as usual) Most children cannot wait for a good party with lots of junk food and silly games, gift exchanges and lots of noise but not Rose. The idea of lots of people and ear piercing shrieks pushes her over the edge. We were quite sure that Rosie would miss the last day of school before winter break but Ms. maria begged us to bring her and ourselves as well. We made a deal that we would show up at 11am instead of 8.45 when school starts to lessen the intensity for Rosie. We talked it up all morning with her and she was excited. Excited to give her wonderful teachers a gift and excited at the thought that Daddy and I would both be at school all day with her. The excitement was short lived.

Just a few seconds after we arrived Rosie looked like this.

I hate seeing her like this but sometimes we have to do things we don't like to help her move through.
Even being attached to Daddy didn't help. (this is a big step because usually I am her only comfort zone
but she is shifting towards Daddy as well for comfort)

Even though she sat next to her BFF it didn't help and as everyone started to party and eat Rosie was like a "Deer in the Headlights".
Wishing she was safely in her house and not about to eat.


Wait, what is that we see, could it be a smile.
It's a big smile




Things got much better from this point on but she still had to be attached to one of us. I had to stand right behind her or make sure I was touching her.


When it was time for the gift exchange I had to glue her onto her seat because she didn't want to stay alone.
BFF, looking very happy
Rosie looking, well actually I am not sure how she looks!
All the kiddies waiting anxiously for their gifts.


The wonderful Ms. Maria receiving her gift. This lady has set us up for the rest of our lives. I just don't think there will ever be another teacher as amazing as her.
Jimmy was Rosie's secret Santa, As we were celebrating at the party his Mum and Dad were at the hospital awaiting the arrival of Jimmy's little brother.
Rosie loved her gift Jimmy, thank you.


This is my favourite photo of the morning. Rosie always has the biggest smile and hug and kiss for Ms. Maria.


Recently when I have arrived at school to take Rosie home she has told me she isn't ready. Today was not one of those days. She was very happy to leave. Since she has been doing better that was one of the reasons why I didn't want to take her to the party because we just don't need another set back.

5 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

Oh poor Rosie...I cried too! Sometime we have to take some steps back in order to go forward! Keep going with those tiny steps.....it will work out!

Polar Bear said...

I'm so glad the party ended with smiles!
Go Rose!!! That was a HUGE step!!

Vivian M said...

It will get better. Rosie is a very brave little girl with wonderful parents. :o)

Tammie said...

I'm glad to see Rosie making such progress. I only wish it was easier on her mum & dad.

Maci Miller said...

oh that sweet, sweet girl! But Mommy & Daddy are always there to see her through the rough spots! Love the big smile that followed. Wishing you guys a wonderful holiday! (Oh, and can you send me your mailing address again?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails