26 Dec 2010

Christmas Day

Last night I intended to write this post but we had such a fabulous day that the idea of sitting down at the computer did not appeal to me. At all. One bit. All I wanted to do was lay back and bask in the joy of being the Mummy of 2 little girls on Christmas day (not that it was a first).

Rosie woke up first and as she toddled off to the loo she was chanting, "hasSantabeen, hasSantabeen?" We informed her that we thought he had at which time her squeals of delight awoke her sister. Lily immediately noticed that Santa had left their stockings in their rooms and grabbed them both leapt onto our bed and the day officially began. After the shrieks of delight over the stockings we headed downstairs and the girls both nearly exploded.

When they went to bed on Christmas eve our tree was void of gifts but that had magically changed overnight. The gifts were really hidden so it didn't look like as if there were as many as there were but it took over 2 hours to open them.


This is how they looked when they spotted it.


And that is pretty much where the photos end because I was so wrapped up in watching them unwrap their gifts and ohh and ahh over everything that I barely took any photos at all.

I was so touched when Lily handed me a gift and said that she bought it herself with her money. I carefully unwrapped it and found 2 gorgeous beads for my bracelet. She beamed with pride when she saw how much I loved them. I still cannot believe that she did it.

Both girls received these beautiful pearl and diamond bracelets from a client of mine. They are so dainty and gorgeous and they love them.
Both of them also received Pill0w Pets. Not sure at all what the attraction is to these things but they have been begging for them for ages.



Once we were done I rounded the girls into the kitchen for breakfast and for one more hidden gift. It is Rosie's but she needed a lot of help. Luckily she has a big sister who was more than happy to do just that.

All I can say is DO NOT let your children drive in the house!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


We could barely get them out of there fast enough. Jacob grabbed his new toy and in what now appears to be a tradition on Christmas morning we headed outside in our P.J.'s

Olivia came too.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


My other child!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


After a morning of undeniable fun that nearly left me paralysed following a few games of Tw1ster with 2 very flexible kids we sat down for lunch. As is a tradition in the U.K. we had Christmas crackers and all wore the silly hats. Some of us had them on a little bit, UPSIDE DOWN! I told you we laughed a lot.




The day progressed and before we knew it we had to kiss Daddy bye bye because, as he puts it, "airplanes have to fly on Christmas day". Yes they do but we don't have to like it!

The girls continued playing all day and I finally rounded them up for a bath after I had taken complete advantage of them playing so well and sorted out all the new toys, cleared out Rosie's closet and generally tidied up. All that fru fru stuff can make an OCD person like myself twitch a bit. They went to bed later than usual and both fell aleep with the biggest smiles on their little faces.

One thing was missing this year as it always is....my family. That part hurts and always will.
This morning when Rosie woke up she wanted to know if Santa had come again?

6 comments:

Tammie said...

Happy Christmas to all of you!! The girls look so happy with their presents. This truly is a magical time of year.

Life frome where we are said...

What a great day for you all. Rosie cracked me up with her driving...especially in reverse! She'll fit right in the supermarket parking lot!
I know what you mean about the family part....it's always harder at Christmas!

PS Thanks for you nice comment on my blog....it gave me a "warm fuzzy" feeling!

Love Letters To China said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas this year. I didn't take one picture of our day. Just felt like sitting back and enjoying the moment instead of always trying to get the perfect picture. My kiddos were given pillow pets from Santa too this year. Liam drags his around the house when he gets tired along with his lovey. It's hysterical...the pillow is almost as big as he is. :-)

Hugs...
Grace

Maci Miller said...

oh so sweet! Glad to see your girls (and you and the hubs) had an awesome Christmas! Happy new year hugs from us!! Love all the great pics!

Special K said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas!

Catherine said...

Merry Christmas! What a wonderful day of fun, love and laughter!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails