7 Sept 2010

R.O.F.L. A Whole Lot

I know as a parent we are supposed to laugh with our children and not at them but yesterday I just could not control myself and I just burst in to uncontrollable fits of giggles at the sight of my little girl in her new, mandatory school uniform.
Rosie goes to a nursery school and is only there 2 mornings a week so I was quite shocked to find out that this year they were implementing uniforms for all the children. When Lily was a student there she only had to wear their shirts when she went on a field trip. I happen to be a big supporter of school uniforms....but I do like them to fit. I have never thought that that was a requirement of them until yesterday when I went and picked up Rosies.


Judge for yourself and bear in mind that Rosie is 43 months old and these uniforms are age 2. How big are children getting now that the average 2 year old fits into these clothes?

Excuse the headless child...just look at the size of the shirt. I was laughing to hard to focus on the whole picture.
These are some "bring sexy back" shorts if ever I saw some!
Rosie, laughing herself silly. Thank goodness she has a great sense of humour.


Here is a little, very short impromptu video of her in her new threads. I couldn't stop laughing, so please excuse the quality of the audio.

5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

OMG... those are terribly big! Natalie's school must purchase their P.E. shorts from the same company. Her's are gigantic in the legs and teeny, tiny in the waist. Drives us mommies nuts every year. Luckily, she's been able to wear the same ones for 2 years now. They really do need to take a look at how the kids look in these silly clothes.

Thanks for the laugh! :-)

Tammie said...

Needless to say, Erin has the same problem with her uniforms. I purchase her shirts big enough to last for 2 years. Her bottoms I purchase at Childrens Place & Old Navy. I had a discussion with her school principal & told him that his choice was a child whose bottoms were consistently falling off or to have said child wearing bottoms in the correct colors that kept her clothed. Wanna guess what he chose?

In addition, I spoke with the people at ths uniform store. I told them they were going to loose a ton of business from people like me who had very petite children.

Vivian M said...

Oh my! Glad she did not get upset!
I love that you are teaching your children to laugh at themselves and have a sense of humour. That is a precious and wonderful gift. :o)

Special K said...

Her silly little laugh is contagious. :) Made me smile.

Maci Miller said...

Oh, how cute is she in that video! Great to laugh about those things!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails