28 Jul 2010

Just My Thoughts.

Yesterday morning when the girls woke up they were filled with excitement, almost bursting in fact because it was sleepover day. At lunchtime I drove them to Hollis' house where we were met by 3 more exuberant girls. We all spent the day swimming in the pool and having lots of fun and then at 8.30 Rosie and I said our good byes and headed home. Lily gave me a big hug and kiss and then went back to playing with barely a glance over her shoulder. Rosie had been saying that she wanted to sleep over also but I knew these were empty words even though Rosie feels more comfortable with Hollis than with anyone else. Once I told her we were leaving she didn't argue.

I put a very, very sleepy Rosie to bed and continued with my evening. I love sleepovers when they take place here but not so much the other way around. If I had to choose the perfect person to take care of Lily it would be Hollis. I know she is safe and from the bottom of my heart I can tell you that I do not worry about her when she is there, in fact I thank my lucky stars that I have Hollis in my life and that we all get along so well because she is such an amazing Mother and we share the same views and feelings about so many things, especially our girls.

BUT, I miss Lily, I think about her all the time. I find myself wondering what games she is playing, whether she went to bed yet etc., etc. It is ridiculous how much I miss her. I don't think that she might be missing us because I know better, LOL. This is a 2 nighter ! That means I won't see Lily until tomorrow lunchtime when I pick her up. Not sure how I am going to survive, I think I have withdrawal of that face, that happy go lucky personality, that gappy smile, that shiny black hair, that loud and oh so clumsy little girl, the way she wakes up in the morning and crawls out of bed with Bunny attached firmly to her side, even though she is 8 now and believe it or not I miss the incessant chatter from her.

Thank goodness Rosie didn't stay too. She did tell me that she is going to next time, but I will believe it when it happens. It would be such a huge step for her and in some ways I would love for her to do it but in my heart I know I would hate it. She is only 3 and she is MY baby.

Ugh, sleepovers!

2 comments:

Maci Miller said...

Your such good momma! Everyone keeps telling me I need more girls nights and need to "get out" more but I would miss Ruby like CRAZY! Truth is, I'd rather stay home with her than do anything else. Glad you had sweet Rosie by your side tonight. :-)

Vivian M said...

I am NOT ready for sleepovers yet, I would be batty. Hope Lily had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails