4 Jul 2010

July 4th

This is the 2nd year in a row that we have been in England for the 4th of July and have been able to celebrate my Fathers birthday with him. Last year however his birthday was over shadowed by the very sudden and unexpected death of his brother, this year we were bound and determined to make it very different, and we did. The only family member who wasn't here was my sister as she and her hubby left yesterday for vacation. All of Jeannes boys were here, my brother came over and we were here and it was fantastic. My father had a really great birthday and because all of his grandchildren were here with him it is one he won't forget.

I think the best part for me, other than being here, was seeing my big brother after everything he has been through lately and being able to laugh with him. We took the opportunity to take a short walk together and talk. I have said it before and will say it again, I truly do have the best big brother in the world. Jon, is taking a slow recovery and it pains us all to see him this way. He was missed today and we all sent him our love and hope that soon he is back to his old self.

Lily and Grandpa
Uncle Brian, Cousin Andie's Daddy.
Bev, Jeanne and Auntie Ann (Andie's Mum)
Colin and Jacob
Some of the cousins

Silly Uncle Colin and Lily doing the , No walk this way........
Us
Rosie during part of the party
Step brothers Stuart, brandishing a sausage and Mike

Happy Birthday Daddy. The girls had such a wonderful time making your gifts and were so happy when you opened them.

Sorry about the blog break we have had some internet issues.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Dawn, today I've had an opportunity to catch up on blogs whilst the rest of my family sleeps. I love these pictures from your homeland! It looks like you and the girls are having a wonderful time and I'm sure daddy is missing all of you back here. I'm sorry your brother is having such a hard time healing but I'm glad that the two of you got to spend some quality time together. Sometimes that is just what the soul needs (for both of you). I can't believe how much the girls are growing. One misses so much when they only read/blog once a month or so. I've really missed staying caught up with my friends online but neither Maddy nor my husband allow computer time without making me feel guilty. :0(
Enjoy your holiday my friend. I think of you and the girls often!!

Vivian M said...

Happy birthday to your Dad!!! Looks like an awesome birthday party :o)
Glad you have had time to reconnect with your loved ones.
Happy 4th of July!

Maci Miller said...

What a beautiful family and a great time for you all! Happy belated birthday to your dad and thoughts and prayers for your brothers recovery. So nice that you all could be there together.

Tammie said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! Looks as if you guys had quite the celebration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails