24 Jun 2010

Something Is Fishy.

Today was the sort of day that Lily dreams of when she spends time with her grandparents. Firstly her Grandpa foolishly told her last night before she went to bed that she could go in with him when she woke up in the morning. I tried to explain to him that that was a really bad idea because she would be up so early but of course he thought it was fine. Fine that is until we stayed up talking until 2.am. talking. Right on cue Miss Lily woke me up at 5.15 am. to ask if she could go and get in with Grandpa. I said no, not yet go back to sleep and by the time she woke up again at 9.45 Grandpa was already awake.
Not one to give up easily she made the same deal with Grandpa for tomorrow and Grandpa and I have vowed to have an earlier night.
When asked what she wanted to do today she immediately said,"go fishing" so of course that is what we did. I love to go down to the river here and it is literally just behind my fathers house and takes a 3 minute walk to get there.



It's a funny thing how the girls always end up in the river with the fish!
Rosie's first fishing lesson from Grandpa with a fishing rod.

Awww, love this one
Awww, this on too.

All ready to get started
I can do this
Ha ha look at me somehow I got wet!

I have no idea what tomorrow holds. Maybe some horseriding. That would be lovely. Whatever we do it will be done at a slower pace in cooler weather and outside in the glorious English countryside.

Rosie was quite cuddly with my father today so he is much happier but he has told everyone who will listen about what happened. I am thankful that he understands and doesn't just think she is obnoxious. Heck she can be obnoxious but this was not an act.

2 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

What fun you guys are having! It looks like a wonderful place to live. Just hearing that it has a slower pace and cooler weather makes me want to visit right away.

Happy to hear Rosie is cuddling up to your dad again. :-)

Vivian M said...

Slower sounds wonderful! What a beautiful place, love the fishing fotos!
Glad Rosie is warming up to Grandpa again. :o)
Enjoy your vacation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails