14 Jun 2010

So Many Laughs.

We are home from our quick jaunt to Orlando and we had a really great time. We laughed so much but without a shadow of a doubt the funniest thing of all was in the car yesterday as we were driving home and both kiddies were sleeping soundly when suddenly Lily starts talking and furiously gesturing with her hands and blabbering on and on. After a few moments she just put her head back to the side and carried on sleeping peacefully but it was hilarious. She was giving directions to someone and was rather adamant about how things needed to be done. I nearly drove off of the road.

We have annual passes to Sea World so that is where we went. Both the girls have plenty to do there and it is a great place to see things that ordinarily you don't find just wandering through a theme park. I think we still have things to find and do and this is our 3rd trip since buying the passes. Lily is tall enough now to ride some of the more adult rides which she is thrilled about however Rosie is quite disgruntled that she cannot join her. We spend the day alternating kids on rides but it all works out.

Ice cream was a must as it was so very hot and what with the location of Orlando there are no sea breezes at all, whatsoever, to help cool things down even a tiny little bit. I kept slathering on the sunscreen and was amazed at the end of the day to see that none of us had even a tiny bit of sunburn. That was no easy feat. We spent every afternoon in the pool just trying to cool off. Even though many of the rides get you all wet it is not the same as being submerged.

Saturday was my birthday and Jacob and girls surprised me with some new beads for my bracelet and a new chain. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, they really did a great job choosing ones I would love. Jacob was also pretty darned sneaky cos I packed the cases for all of us and at no point did I see him sneak anything in to them. We went to the Cheesec*ke Factory for dinner as per Lily's request because it reminded her of he 3D's and the last time we were up there.

We kept the girls out way to late every night and they slept late every morning. They were as happy as happy can be the whole time we were gone and we not at all impressed at the idea of coming home. Once I pointed out we were only going to be home for a week and then we are heading to Nannie and Grandpas house they cheered up. Me too :0)

Here is the photo edition of our weekend, in no particular order.


Floating in the cool water of the pool. Not really very cool but better than the sidewalk at Sea Worl*d
Getting ready to dive into the water.

Sea Lions and Herons

Big bird!

Journey to Altlant1s is Lily's favourite ride. She would go on it over and over again if we let her.


This was taken at Downtown D1sney one evening. Rosie loves the train but Lily not so much. She just goes on it to make RoRo smile.
my birthday







Are they not the sweetest little things ever?
Ice cream. You can only imagine how messy she was after just a few minutes.

Hot but having fun with Daddy.



And finally I leave you with this:


You have to have a serious ego when you can park your car in the area designated for shopping trolleys. Does this arsehat really believe that in the middle of a huge parking lot there is an area protected by steel just for his car? It isn't even a fancy car...give me a break you moron.

6 comments:

Tammie said...

Awesome vacation!! Next time I'm going up with you even if I have to hide in the luggage.

I do believe that the ice cream cone is bigger than Rosie!

4D said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

What a great time and when I think of Downtown Disney & Cheesecake Factory, it makes me smile with memories of you amazing gals.

Keep smilin!

Vivian M said...

I was awwing and oohing until that last picture, omg! That is too funny.
I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday and mini vacation! The girls have changed so much since I last saw them, sigh.
So, where are the pictures of the beads/bracelet?

Liene said...

Looks like you had a really good time. But the FL heat in the summer keeps us far, far away from there. It's hot enough in Atlanta.

I just about fell of my bed laughing so hard at the photo of the car parked in the area where the shopping carts go. Great idea but must agree that I should've seen a Lamborghini in that photo.

Maci Miller said...

Oh how wonderful! Looks like a great, great time! I LOVE that picture of the girls together in the matching outfit. No, I don't think they could be any sweeter!!! And LOL, about the last ones. The funniest part is that yea, it's not even some really nice car or anything!
Anyway, glad you had a fun family get-away!

Maci Miller said...

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails