24 Apr 2010

Shot Gun.....Gets more attention than bullets!

  • Not sure where this week went. I am in a sleep deprived coma from the whirl wind.
  • I forget to blog now as I post everything on FB. I cannot remember what I have said here and what I have not.
  • Tuesday morning at 5.30 my alarm went off and I had to drag my droopy bod' out of the house shortly after 6.30. Not hard for many people but (a) I do not do mornings and (b) I cannot leave the house without washing my hair and straightening it. Freakish fool that I am! I had to be at what we hoped would be Rosie nursery school next year, for a lottery number. You showed up at 7 received your number and then went back at 9 to see the drawing. When I arrived at 6.50 the queue was half way around the building. Jacob went back at 9 and lucky number 31 was pulled out of the tub so Rosie will start this nursery school in September. She will go only 2 mornings a week from 9-1. Sad, sad, sad my little Weasel is getting big.
  • Why do people that drive on the expressways think it is OK to get into the outside lane and do less than the speed limit? If you are going to do the speed limit, or gawd forbid, less than the posted speed limit stay in the inside lane. Driving back from Orlando last Sunday this was doing my head in. If I want to break the law and drive faster than the assigned speed get the hell out of my way! Slowpoke! This is truly a pet peeve of mine.
  • I received my new green card. Whoop dee do. I am not about to thrown out of this country and I can travel back to the UK this summer without any hitches. This time the renewal was painless, I did it online and showed up for my biometrics appointment on time and walked out of it with an extension on this card and a promise of a new one in the mail. I am still planning on applying for citizenship one day in the next 10 years.
  • Why is it that when you enter an immigration building here the only language you hear spoken is Spanish? Surely if you are applying for a visa to live somewhere you really ought to speak that language. Every single person that worked there spoke to me first in Spanish (must be my blond hair and blue eyes) and then after I told them first in English and then in Spanish that I don't speak Spanish they would look at me like I had two heads and then speak in English. I find this peculiar.
  • School is nearly over for the year. Can I have an "Amen Sista" to that. I love it when the girls are home.
  • As school is nearly over it means that Lily is nearly 8. Not sure I am at all ready to say my baby is eight. So glad I spend so much time with them. I love being their Mama and every second really does count.
  • After a set back in the potty training area it looks as if we might be once again ready to throw diapers to the wind. I let Rosie take the lead with only the occasional prod from me. I bought her some new shorts that had a snap and zip in them and she declared them big girl shorts and decided knickers were in order. Who was I to stand in her way? She now HATES to have to wear a diaper when she sleeps but if she has a few more dry nights I might just let it happen. This kidlet refuses to use a toilet anywhere other than at home so this is a huge problem. She looks at them, turns up her nose and declares them, "to dirty". If it wasn't so distressing it would be funny as all heck. ~snort~
  • Off to buy my super reader a new book for a great week in school. Any time she gets to the end of a week without a note about talking is a great week IMHO. Don't push your kids to read and do all that stuff before they start school cos you are not doing them any favours at all. I never pushed this with Lily she just learnt what she learnt but she is so flipping smart that school is boring to her. What takes the average student an hour to learn she picks up in a few minutes so whilst she waits for the others to catch up, she chats!
  • Rosie is getting a "prize" to for keeping her knickers dry. I bet she is going to love seeing that I wrote that here when she is a teenager.
  • Have fun this weekend. We plan to.


5 comments:

Maci Miller said...

Gee, where do I start? First, that is CRAZY about the line at preschool at 6:50 am! Ee-gads that is early to have to stand in line! Glad she got in! 2nd, I am right there with you on the passing lane! Get out of the way! :-)

Very cool how smart Lily is, but funny that it bores her now. Good for Rosie on the potty training! We are in the same boat but maybe not as far ahead as you. A few days straight of dry diapers (except when sleeping) and then today she had 2 accidents. I really have to be on my toes and ask her every 15-20 minutes or she forgets. She is good when we go out but the worst at home when in front of the tube. My bad. Sometimes I think I am training me to pay attention more than I am training her! LOL!

Oh, and thanks for the comments about Ruby's party. It was so much fun! Wish you could have come but I didn't want to push you to have to come all the way up here with all you have going on. We will get the girls together sometime this year.
Love from us!
Jen

Maci Miller said...

One more thing...I LOVE that new profile picture. Gorgeous family!

Tammie said...

School is going to be out soon? Uh oh! I'm in big trouble when Erin learns she has to go to camp while I "get" to stay home. ;-) Actually my girl LOVES her JCC travel camp. Her fave person from karate will be an LIT this summer at her camp.

You are truly lucky in that Lily enjoys reading. Erin likes to read but hates to do logs so she tries to refuse. Personally, I dislike reading logs also as I don't think she gets anything out of them.

No more knickers for Rosie!? Oh no! I'm not handling this well at all. She is getting to be such a big girl! Of course, I agree with her about not using public potties. They are gross.

Liene said...

Wow, a lottery for preschool? Can you see me rolling my eyes? Glad that Rosie got in. Everywhere we've sent our kids it's been first come, first served.

The driving thing. That bothers me to no end. I'm from Indiana, home of the Indy 500 race where everyone drives fast. Get the heck out of my way. I've been on the Autobahn a few times and if you don't get out of the left lane when someone is coming up on your butt, they will run you over!

Don't even get me started on the whole Spanish thing. My parents & grandparents are immigrants from Eastern Europe. No one learned to speak their language. I have other relatives who are married to Italians who were born in Italy and no one spoke Italian to them. They ALL learned to speak English.

Glad Rosie's getting the potty thing down. I'd love to start training Emi soon. She's starting to get interested and occasionally does ask to be put on the potty but doesn't ever do anything.

Hope your life slows down. Our week is packed!

Vivian M said...

I cannot believe Rosie is starting school. No way. It seems like yesterday you brought her home! Pouting here.

On the other hand, I am so thrilled about the potty training, go Rosie!

And no way Lily is turning 8. I forbid it. *snort*

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails