13 Mar 2010

Where's Lily?

This is a question that I have answered over and over and over again this evening. It has been asked by Rosie because Lily is at a birthday slumber party. I started to prepare Rosie for this evening on Wednesday which was the same evening that I told Lily she was going to Joie's, pizza, movie, slumber party. I knew it was going to be hard on her so I told her we would have our own party and that I was not invited either...could she BELIEVE that? Oh she was so sad but I got her very jazzed about spending a night with me at least I thought I had until the ugly act of dropping Lily off actually happened and she noticed the empty car seat right next to hers.

We joined the girls for dinner at the pizza restaurant and she loved, ate more pizza than she has ever eaten before in her life and most of my lettuce from my salad. She snuggled in Hollis' lap for a few minutes too. Then we walked to the car and Lily gleefully took her seat in Hollis' car and we kissed her bye bye told her to have fun ( redundant words, I know) and walked to our car. Seconds later the questions started. I explained to her again where her "Big Lily" was and continued to do so all the way from Broward County back to Dade County and further south to Kendall.

As she was getting out of the bath, I had to bathe with her, it was her request, she looked at me and said, Lily has broken my heart. Dear Gawd, where did she learn such drama? I scooped her up and held her and told her again that Lily will be home tomorrow. After we go to sleep tonight we will go and pick "Big Lily" up! She told me that she is going to get in the car, put on her seat belt and drive to get "Big Lily" all by herself just so that she can see her again.

Tonight I had to lay with her until she fell asleep, I never have to do this and I am sure she will wake up, at least once.

She misses her.

I miss her too, terribly.

I know she is having a fabulous time. Oh gosh she could barely wait to leave. We were five minutes from the house when she realised she had forgotten her bunny and we had to come back. I tried to talk her though it but to no avail, she wasn't going to sleep at someone else's house without The Bun, so I u-turned and came back for him. At the restaurant she kept asking when we were leaving. She is well schooled at staying with Hollis, loves it and loves her. I know she is safe. I don't think I would let her stay anywhere else but I feel very strange tonight. Empty and aloof. I understand how Rosie feels cos I feel exactly the same way.

Is it morning yet, I really want my baby home.

3 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Why are they growing up so quickly? I think about this a lot these days. I hope Rosie (and mommy) was able to sleep as well as can be expected without her Big Lily. I'm sure Big Lily had a great time with her friends.

Vivian M said...

Yay for brave Lily! But I feel for you...I am not looking forward to the day Kerri wants to stretch her wings, and would rather host the sleep over here!
Give Rosie an extra hug from us, and one for you too. :o)

kitchu said...

oh the days of slumber parties! what fun for Lily... I'll be anxious to hear how it all went.

it's really endearing that her sister missed her so much! i had a tough time being away from E for a few hours on the ONE date we've had since coming home! so i know how you're feeling... :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails