6 Feb 2010

Playing

The weather lately has been really odd. One day it will be really chilly and the next day it is hot and humid and then we have rain, lots and lots of torrential rain that ushers in the next cool front. Today we had a glorious day, blue cloudless skies, and lots of wind. I have no idea what the exact temperature was as I failed to look but it was not hot and humid and that is what counts, at least to me.

We decided that since it was breezy, we should make the most of it and go and fly our kites. Ha, that seemed like an easy feat but 2 little girls both attached to the ends of very long pieces of string on a very windy day is a recipe for one very large knot. I spent so much time running back and forth untying knots that my camera laid, untouched, on the grass. We were all alone on the outer area of the park when I noticed a chap with a large breed dog walking towards us. The dog was not on a leash so I sort of kept an eye on them. I must have had to untie a knot because when I looked up the dog was heading straight for us so I picked up Rosie and turned away from the dog. It jumped up at me and sort of snapped at the kite string. It scared the hell out of me but the man seemed very calm so I knew i had to remain so. I was a good distance from Lily and she was busy with her kite when the dog approached her. I told her to turn away from it. She did but the dog jumped up and again I think it was trying to get the kite string but it put her whole hand in it's mouth. Where is the man????? Oh he is calmly saying, "no Buddy, down Buddy." I went over to Lily and she is covered in slobber, her whole hand and wrist, was in it's mouth. Now obviously the dog was friendly cos if he had wanted to bite her he would have taken her arm off. What is wrong with people? Not everyone likes dogs. I know that is hard for some of you to believe but it is true. If you own a dog keep it on a leash!!

We decided it was time to leave that area and head over to the swings. I was shaking like a leaf and Lily was shocked that a strange dog had put it's teeth around her arm. I used it as an example of how we never approach strange animals and hoped she could not tell I was ready to keel over.

The slide made for some crazy hair styles with all the static.






Attitude


In her own little world


hanging about


Sliding


Swinging

2 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

I'm with you on dogs with no leash. It always amazes me how stupid people can be. We have a UPS store down the road that I bring my packages to and they have a dog that is always inside the store. When I bring the kids in I'm always asking them to put the dog behind the counter because my kids do not like dogs. They look at me like I have two heads. It's very frustrating.

Love the last photo of Rosie swinging. Adorable!

Polar Bear said...

The owner of that dog is NOT responsible AT ALL! He should have never let his dog behave like that. I have three dogs, and if they were to ever approach an unknown child like that they would be back on a leash in no time. A responsible dog owner has control of every action of their dog when out in public. Unfortunately some people don't believe that, and it frosts my bubble!

LOVE the 'attitude' picture! Lily looks so grown up in that picture! :o)

The black and white of Miss R is FANTASTIC!!!!

Shucks! All of the pictures are GREAT!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails