26 Feb 2010

Out Of Rosie's Mouth.

For the most part Rosie can speak perfectly but the pronunciation of some words just eludes her. For example:
She still washes her face with a loff-joff (washcloth).
She knows if we run out of something we plobably (probably) should buy more at Plublix (Publix).
She loves to play educational games on the plooner (computer).
Eating with chip chops (chopsticks) is her favourite way to eat.
When she eats and is nearly finished her plate is always, always, aldermost (almost) done.

Other things that she says that make me smile are:
Are you very happy with me? She says this when she has just got into trouble. If I tell her that I am not ever so happy with her actions she immediately tells me that, that is not very nice!
If she is helping me she always tells me, that was very helpful wasn't it.
Miami is Her-ami and when one of us says something about Miami she says it's not Your-ami it's My-ami and China is "My China".

She has an invisible friend who is from "her" China and her name is Bubbie. She throws her in the garbage can quite a lot or asks me to throw her out the window. (I am sure lots of therapists would have a great time with this one, I on the other hand just laugh). Last night at dinner she was playing the fool and I told her to stop it. She told me it wasn't her fault it was the girl sitting next to her making her do it. There was nobody sitting next to her...those darn invisible friends were at it again. They usually invade the toilet when she is doing her business.

When she sees Tacoma at the stables she always calls him the most beautiful horse in the world. Every single time. Even if we just walked away five minutes ago she acts like she hasn't seen him for months. They have a very special relationship and I love to watch the 2 of them. When we walk up to the field he immediately comes trotting over to see her, even if he is eating and when she leaves him he kicks the gate a few times as if to say, come back and she always does. It makes leaving very hard.

The girls are amazing and they add sunshine to every day.

Lily received Honor Roll again this week at school and Rosie wanted to be sure to catch the moment on her camera. She shoved her way right to the front and as you can see by Lily's face everyone found it highly amusing. Normally I would have stopped her but what the heck, it's her big sister and she was proud of her. The school photographer took loads of pictures of her doing it cos he thought it was so funny.


The super student and her little sis!


Queen Rosie. She made this letter "Q" at school this week and I think it is so very clever and quite frankly adorable. ~snort~

3 comments:

taffyman said...

I love reading your post...Congrats Lily!!! ...and Rosie just makes me smile....When Hannah was younger, her pronunciation of Publix sounded like Bollocks, OMG...we laughed so hard and would always ask her to say it, cause over here it does not mean anything..It was a sad day when she finally learned how to say it, but we have it on film...LOL Deb, Brian and Hannah

Unknown said...

Congrats Lily on your accomplishment! Isn't it hard to believe how fast these girls grow. Right before your very eyes. Love Miss Rosie's words. Reminds me of Maddy.

Vivian M said...

Congrats Lily!
You should try taping Rosie saying those words for when she is older, they are wonderful memories!
And stop snorting, you might choke up. :op

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails