3 Feb 2010

I'm 3 Now.

Those were the words that woke me up this morning. Rosie bounced out of her bed and came to tell us that she is now 3. Lily looked at her and said, "I am so happy for you Rosie but I miss you being 2 because you are getting so big". I echo Lily's sentiments, so big indeed. Perhaps not physically but mentally this kid is now enormous.

The other day at the park as I was about to have a nervous breakdown as she traipsed her way across this huge piece of equipment Jacob just laughed and informed me that she scales it every single time they go....oh dear, she is getting big.
This year will be a huge growth year for our baby girl. Hopefully some of the demons that are chasing her will be scared away and laid to rest. I think she will finally grasp the world by the horns and step on board with gumption. She is starting to show some really strong signs of independence and we couldn't be happier even though it means letting go ...just a tiny bit. I really don't remember Lily being quite so excited about her third birthday but this kid really gets it and knows she is no longer 2.

Last night before she went to bed I interviewed her to see if I could capture any of her thoughts regarding her turning three and this is what I got:


And of course a few photos of the 2 of them.




We are celebrating on Sunday with a little party for her so today we just had a cake at the park with our friends.

Looking a little bit shy with her hands up in her hair as everyone sings happy birthday to her.


My sweet baby girl.


The same photo the way I like it.


She is three and she is loud and she is proud. We love you Peanut.

8 comments:

4D said...

Happy Birthday R!!!

I love that L used the word despise...

Keep smilin!

Love Letters To China said...

Happy Birthday Rosie!!! Hope you had a wonderful day. I can't believe our babies are getting so big. :(

Andie said...

That video is cute. She's talking so much now. Don't fancy your chances with the panties though, it seems it's nappies or nudie!
Happy Birthday Rosie.

Maci Miller said...

Happy Birthday adorable little girl! We hope it was a happy and fun day for you!
Love,
Jen, Jeff & Ruby

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

Happy Birthday sweet Rosie! That video was too stinkin' adorable! I love that Rosie wanted a parade for her birthday. Snort. I think all three year olds deserve a parade. ;)

Briana loves being three. She loves telling people she is three years old too. :)

Tammie said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Rosie! You are such an awesome 3 year old!

The video is totally adorable!

Polar Bear said...

Happy Be-lated birthday Rosie!

What a wonderful video!!

(Pssst... Lily, I agree with you on Dora.) ;o)

Special K said...

A little belated.. but birthday wishes for sweet Rosie anyway. I just love watching your videos. They always make me smile. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails