8 Feb 2010

Cleaning Out.

Lots of things are swirling through my head right now for example:
  • my idea of an emergency and hubby's idea of an emergency are about one million miles apart. This morning I accidentally left the house with his keys as well as mine. Now obviously this caused him a momentary panic as he was dashing about looking for his so that he could take Lily to school. I on the other hand was calmly driving along singing to some tunes oblivious to his heart attack. He regarded this as an emergency even though he had another set sitting in his drawer. Panic monger!
  • We were watching Kai Lan in China with Rosie this lunchtime. I mentioned to Rosie that she had been to China and her response was this, "I didn't like China because you were not there." I really do think that Rosie remembers some of her life prior to us being in it even though "experts" say that typically children don't remember before the age of three. (bite me)
  • I am seriously addicted to exercise again. Gawd I am loving it even though I still find it necessary to yell naughty words a the trainer on occasion. I have passed the point of daily agony and now I just feel the rush.
  • Lily is finding it necessary to be a typical 7 yr old in school at the moment and bought home a B in conduct on her report card. As much as this is not a problem and I am glad I have a normal child we are nipping it in the bud now! She has always been such a goody two shoes this is quite funny but she has no idea we feel this way.
  • Talking of behaviour, Rosie is testing her limits on a daily basis. Three is going to be a challenge with her. She is becoming a master negotiator and it is annoying. Law school will be in her future if she keeps this up. I must say that I do find it rather amusing when I realise that I am having to negotiate things with a kid that is only 2 ft tall and she is winning. Sometimes when she has done laying out her ideas she will say, "see, that was helpful wasn't it?"
  • We are supposed to be getting a whole new roof but it won't stop raining so the roofers are backed up. We are meant to be heading off to see the snow very soon.....I have a feeling that these to things are going to collide! I am not going to be happy about it.
  • My BIL has a bumpy few months ahead of him. I wish it was behind them already. Limbo is a really awful place to be.
  • My head is empty of it's thoughts now and to think, not one of them changed the world. Shocking!

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

For awhile, Kerri's favorite words were: "let's make a deal", so sounds like Rosie and Kerri have somethings in common, lol!
Sending positive thoughts for your BIL..

Special K said...

Hey Dawn... I know who you're talking about that goes as Shawnstribe. But I don't know how to reach her. Here's her blog (if that might help) but she's made it private.. http://thetomlinsontribegrows.blogspot.com/

Shawnstribe said...

Hey Dawn
yay for detective work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see you in the summer : )
xxxxxxxx
s

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails