20 Dec 2009

How To Salvage A Very Bad Day.

Sometimes just waking up turns out not to be the best idea.

We were supposed to head over to the west coast today but for reasons out of our control we never made it. We did however have a really great day even though the curve balls kept a flyin'.

We woke up bright and early, to bright and early thanks to a certain 2 yr old and Jacob decided that he would seize the moment and put together the kids big toys for Christmas and get the batteries charged up on them. We have them at a friends house across the street so he went missing for a while. He hadn't been gone long when he rang to say that Lily's electric scooter was missing the charging wire and all the directions so he was heading back to the store. We purchased this in October and they have been really hard to find ever since. The next call came in to say he had the stuff he needed and was on his way back to "chicken feet's" house. The next call was about how this charger was the wrong one and that they had no more scooters and were being totally unhelpful. I got on the phone and located a store that had just received a shipment of 6 but wouldn't hold one for us. I rang him and he flew there and got her one. Sadly it was not at the great price that we paid for the initial one but we have it and it is now together and charging and the original has been returned.I suspect that it was back on the shelf and resold within the hour even though it is missing parts and some poor little kid is going to be very sad on Christmas day. We always take the kids big toys out of the boxes and put them together before we wrap them that they can play with them immediately and not have to wait to get them assembled or in this case wait for them to charge for 18 hours. By now it is lunch time and taking a day trip to Naples is starting to look like a punishment rather than a pleasurable idea.

I suddenly remembered that Coconut Grove was having it's snow day today so we thought we should at least try and salvage the remaining few hours and head there. The grove has always been a very entertaining place and hubby and I used to spend many an evening there but since the girlies came along we don't seem to go anymore.

We had barely parked the car when some chap with a snake walked up to us and let Lily touch it. He was with some environmental society, or so he claimed and told me that if I wanted to take her photo I could donate $20. ha ha ha ha, not going to happen dude! Since he could see that I was not impressed and I told him she has loads of photos holding snakes he said any donation would do. That's more like it!

My very cheap snake shot of Lily holding some gross snake. He then laughed and lectured me when I made her use hand sanitizer when she was done. Go away snake dude...I'm done with you!

The snow was arriving at noon and we didn't get their until 1.30 and as luck would have it the snow was late as well. What can I say the weather men here aren't the best and it is really hard to forecast snow in Miami. The girls had fun playing in the petting zoo while they waited for the blizzard. Oh no that so isn't true, Lily had fun playing in the petting zoo whilst Rosie had fun being attached to Jacob or myself. I cannot remember who it is but one of our friends calls her glue cos she sticks so tight.

You turkey


Silly Goose


Me and Glue in the Zoo


Finally after many people had given up and gone home we heard lots of noise and the snow truck had arrived. We made our way towards the area and signed the girls up to play. As we watched and waited we talked it up for Rosie and tried to make it sound like the most fun ever. We knew she would hate it cos she is Rosie and she basically hates anything new.

Here comes the blizzard


Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus (oops, sorry I got carried away)


Oh no that Chubby Red guy tried to talk to Rosie so she threw herself at Lily, knocking her flat.


Even though Lily is protecting her little sister you can see that she is laughing her head off at her!


So I had to get permission to run in and rescue her!


Lily stayed and played her heart out

But this was Rosie's take on the whole affair.


We truly had a blast. Snow is the best if you ask one of my girls and not so if you ask the other. The day wasn't what we had planned it to be but it certainly was fun.

7 comments:

Liene said...

I'm so jealous you had snow there!! It was freezing here in Atlanta today (cold enough for snow).

I wish some one would come very early on Christmas morning and blanket my front and backyard with snow. Just for the day.

So glad the girls had a blast. In just 18 short months we'll be back up north where we will have snow and even colder temps during the winter.

Love Letters To China said...

It looks like your day turned out fantastic. That's a really smart idea about getting the gifts charged and ready to go before hand. I'll have to do that next time I get one that needs to be assembled and charged. Isn't it wonderful to finally have so cooler weather here? I'm so much happy than when it's 85 degrees in December.

colin said...

Happy Solstice Dawn, Jacob, Lilly and Rosie. With love and xxxx. Me

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

What a fun day and that pic of the glue knocking Lily down bowled me over with giggles!! Looks like the day ended up in a very fun way. Hugs!

Tammie said...

Sometimes our plans go off on the wrong track for a reason. I'd say you had a wonderful day!

Vivian M said...

Lily is so brave to pose with that huge snake! As for the snow, I think you all should come up here and experience it for real!

Maci Miller said...

LOL about the snow! Had no idea they did that in FL! Cute, but seriously, if you want some snow, come on up here to our yard where there is a good 2 feet on the ground! Trade you... some snow for some warm sunshine! Hey, I think it's a very fair trade. :-)

BTW, so impressed with your pre-Christmas wisdom with getting all the stuff out of boxes and put together. I am hoping we have batteries now for our Wonder Pets Fly boat for Ruby. Hmm....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails