15 Dec 2009

Fuey.

This time of year is meant to be fun and festive so why do I feel like a cat on a hot tin roof? I am sure when I was growing up my parents were just as stressed out if not more so than we are now but they never showed it. Christmas was a wonderful time of year as a kid. Fun, fun, fun. I never noticed anybody running around like a chicken without a head. Perhaps my girls won't notice either.

When I picked Lily up from school today she announced that her Christmas performance is TOMORROW night. She has been chosen to perform in it and needs a black long skirt or trousers and a white blouse. A goody we don't have either of those I'll just drop everything and run out shopping right now cos I only have to bake 4 dozen cookies to bake tonight for your class Christmas party tomorrow. Can you smell the sarcasm here, you should be able to cos it really pissed me off and the other parents. Munira and I put our heads together and she headed to one store and I went to another and we rang each other to see what they had. I ended up buying for both our girls and delivering it to her house. At least we had a plan. Now I just need to cancel riding and move a client and this will not be a problem even though the music teacher only gave us 2 seconds notice.

I don't actually think the girls notice the intense stuff that happens because I always try to make it an adventure. When I am really fried I let them know and tell them I need their help.

OK Bitch session over. I will resume regular scheduled broadcasting shortly.

4 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Hope your cookies ended up coming out okay... or did you end up at Publix? Deep breathe, it's almost over! Yeah! Christmas vacation is only in 1 1/2 more days in our house. Now what to do with two kiddos for 2 1/2 weeks....

Briana's Mom said...

I love the Christmas season, but you are right - it is STRESSFUL!!! And last minute costume requirements do not help!!! :)

Vivian M said...

Next time you should take everyone's advice and buy the cookies at Publix!

Tammie said...

I absolutely adore it when the teachers depend upon the 7 year olds to give information. Erin had a field trip yesterday. At 5:00 am she woke up to let me know that her lunch had to be in a ziploc bag with her name on it. Huh! What the ...? I don't buy ziploc bags. Aren't we trying to go green? (And just why did we choose the color green as opposed to oh say violet?) Needless to say I sent her lunch in a normal lunch bag.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails