17 Dec 2009

Decorating and Maiming of Men.

Our Thursday park day was cancelled today due to inclement weather but because my girls love it so much and I do to to be perfectly honest I decided to ask Jenny and Kelly to bring their kidlets here to decorate gingerbread men. Kelly was feeling like poo so it ended up being just Jen, her kids and my girlies.

We whipped out the poor innocent little men and a little bit of icing some sweeties and let them loose. It was so much fun to watch them. I was really surprised out how much they delighted in this old fashioned task. Rosie really got into it. Lily went to town and made hers look like some old hooker, Ebby was more interested in how much he could shove in his mouth and Rosie just very gently decorated hers.

I had great intentions of taking photos of the finished products but Ebby had eaten his before I knew what had happened.

Lily and Evan getting started. I love Evans face here.


Rosie getting started.


Rosie admiring her work


Evan tasting his work. LOL


Lily hard at work


Rosie posing!


Lily's man is on the left he's the one that's all pimped out! Rosies is on the right and he is missing part of his head and foot.


One guest at the gathering found it all rather uninteresting and slept her way through it all. Baby Daniel. I think she looks so sweet with her little hands folded the way they are.


Everyone stayed for dinner and some good rambunctious fun. For a totally impromptu gathering it was certainly loads of fun. I miss having Jenny as a neighbour but since we are the ones that moved I suppose I cannot complain. We used to do this stuff alot back when we lived opposite each other.

4 comments:

Tammie said...

I love how you managed to find some fun for the day irregardless of the bad weather. The girls & Evan look like they had so much with the decorating.

Love Letters To China said...

It looks like they had a ball! Natalie and I made sugar cookie dough yesterday and will decorate them today. I can only imagine what they will look like in the end. It's so much fun watching how different the kids personalities are in their decorating capabilities. BTW, did you bake the cookies??? ;-)

Vivian M said...

What fun! I love the decorated and maimed men, lol!

Jenny & the Kunkels said...

What a great time we had! I miss you living accross the atrium. Sorry I'm so late in reading your blog. I truly need to get my act together! Sending our love, Jenny, Ed, Evan, & Danielle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails