8 Dec 2009

And The Winner Is.....

Lily!

A couple of weeks ago one of Lily's homework assignments was an essay. It was a full sheet of paper and was all about watermelons. I found it a very odd assignment as she has never had to do anything like it ever before. Usually if she writes something it is just a few lines and never close to a full sheet. She had started it in school and needed to finish it. She was really serious about it and told me I could help her. That was all the information she gave me. I do not believe in doing her homework for her nor do I believe in doing her projects for her. I read what she had written and then asked her a few questions about watermelons in hopes of giving her some ideas and then I guided her to the computer to view some images of them to prompt her brain some more. Before I knew it she was asking me to read one full sheet of paper in what must have been the neatest handwriting I had ever seen.

It was really good. She is only 7 and I so badly wanted to group her thoughts together and put them in the same paragraph for her but I left it the way it was. Her spelling was correct as was her punctuation. She explained that she just had to do the sloppy copy at home and they were going to write the proper one in school. I asked the next day if she finished her essay and she said not yet. I never heard another thing about it until yesterday when she came out of school beaming. Mrs G approached me and very proudly announced that Lily's essay had been chosen, out of the whole 2nd grade, to be entered into the Fairchild Writing Competition for our school district. Yay, Lily. I am waiting for the teacher to give me a copy of her essay and have no idea at this time when the judging will take place for the final competition.

We are really proud of her but more importantly she is proud of herself. She couldn't believe it.

Great Job Schnoog, Daddy Rosie and I are so very, very proud of you.
And we love you all the way to China and back again.

5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Congratulations Lily!! Great Job!

p.s. Your blog looks great! Love the wallpaper. I've been using thecutestblogontheblock.com for awhile now for my backgrounds. They're so much fun to change all the time. I get bored of the same ole, same ole after a few days. ;-)

pam said...

way to go lily.
I am very proud of you and you should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. Hope to see you soon,
Pam

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

Woohoo Lily!!! Good job!!!

Vivian M said...

Congratulations to Lily!

Tammie said...

Way to go Lily!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails