13 Aug 2009

Life With Lily

It would appear that Rosie has been stealing the spotlight here of late so I am dedicating this post to Lily.

She had her 7 year check up at the pediatrician the other day and now weighs 49.5lbs and is 47 inches tall. Smack dab in the middle of the growth charts and as the doctor put it a little power house of solid muscle. Her visit was very uneventful as she was up to date on all her shots and had nothing to report. Her vision and hearing are fine and Barbara is thrilled with her, me too. Of course the Dr. immediately noticed the scar on her face and wanted to know what happened and Lily wasted no time showing her the rest of the collage of scars from the same day and telling her hair raising story. We are now using Meder*ma 4 times a day in addition to not leaving the house without sunscreen and there is already a noticeable improvement so I highly recommend it.

My little girl is getting so big! She really is. She still only wants to wear dresses and I swear if riding horses side saddle were an option she would even wear dresses for that.

Even though she is very much a girly girl in many aspects of her life she is very adventurous and loves to try all sorts of things and once again appears to have no fear whatsoever....oh deary me.

She has finally found her patience with her little sister and life is alot more harmonious. She knows how to work things out with her rather than just scream, "MUMMY," at the top of her lungs when Rosie barges in to whatever Lily is doing.

She has graduated from beginners riding lessons to intermediate lessons and I no longer enjoy being a spectator. The horses are not as calm and don't just meander through the motions. These horses are highly strung and react to the slightest touch. Before her last lesson started she was told she couldn't even take her hands off of the reins to scratch and was not to fidget. By the time the sermon was over I had almost fainted. Lily is a fidget! She was the youngest kid in the class and the only one who wasn't a beginner. Again...oh deary me. At one point they were riding without stirrups and when she put her feet back in them her foot managed to get tangled in the reins and the fricking horse went nuts! She stayed on...I don't know how. I had to turn away, which probably isn't the best thing to do but I can't watch. I wish she would take up knitting instead.

Here is a few seconds of a talk Hema had with Lily at the end of her lesson......





......she lasted more than 3 seconds, 90 minutes to be exact. She is very determined.

That is one thing about Lily that never changes...her true grit.

She let a lizard into my car today and thought it was cute. Me not so much. She catches the horrid little creatures in her bare hands. Of course then I make her wash them...her hands not the lizards, she would probably love to wash a lizard.

Lily I love you. ( but not the lizard that is now in my car and it doesn't matter how many times you and daddy tell me it it is more scared of me than I am of it, I can guarantee that is not the case.)

3 comments:

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

I have truly enjoyed watching and reading about Lily growing up on your blog. She is truly becoming such a nice young lady. (and beautiful too) I don't think I could even ride that horse for 1 minute. I was thrown off one when I was younger and NEVER got back on. :0( Such bravery your girl has :0)

Maci Miller said...

What an amazing girl! She is really something. Gotta love that fearlessness. But yea, I'd have a heart attack if it were me watching my girl on that horse! I'm sure she's got great instructors though and is in good hands.

April said...

Lily is a girl after my own heart. She would give me a heart attach if I was her mummy though! :-) I will tell you that she is a reflection of you my friend. She has a great mummy so how could she be any different. Love, April

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails