26 Aug 2009

Happy Adoption Day Lilipop.

The moment the world stood still.
All the years of waiting and heartache just melted away at this very second.



Daddy and daughter. Her face is covered in schnoog from crying so very hard. She has a big bruise on her head and a fresh scar on her nose where she had just had some stitches taken out...yet I see none of this just the most beautiful face in the world. ( I used to call her my little monkey cos she looks just like a little chimpanzee)



It was 6 years ago today that we became parents. In so many ways it seems like just yesterday because the memories of that day are all still so vivid and it doesn't seem possible that the tiny soul that was handed to us is now 7 years old and is our beautiful and outgoing Lily.

When I look at the photos of that day and think of all that she had gone through in her little life it hurts so much. So many people caring for her, so many abrupt changes in just the 48 hours leading up to that moment...gosh it makes me shudder. I am so thankful that she doesn't remember any of it.

She knows all about it, she loves that we were crying tears of joy and that she was crying too but her tears were scared tears because she was saying...help, who are these freaks, get them away from me! She laughs her head off when she tells it. (This is the way she tells her story for now. The way that she has constructed it with the information she has.) The information we have given her is all the truth and we will always give her the truth.

Lilipop. you were the first person to ever call by a name that I wanted to hear for so many years, you called me Mama. Thank you Lily for being my daughter. I love you.

Thank you, of course, to a couple who still keep a part of my heart, her birth parents, to both of you we will be eternally grateful. You gave us the greatest gift of all.

3 comments:

SoyJoyChina said...

Happy Adoption Day Lily!!
What a Happy Day! 7 years of JOY!

(That looks like Kathy, our guide in Nanning....is it her?)

Sandra

Maci Miller said...

Oh how wonderful! So nice to see pics from that magical day 6 years ago. And what a beautiful and sweet girl she is!

Tammie said...

Happy Adoption Day!!!

Do you mean to say that you received your sweet Lily on 8/26/03? That is wild Dawn! That is the day that Erin was converted. The ocean was wild that day. Now I know why! Miss Lily was meeting her mum & dad. Cool thread if I got the timing right.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails