24 Mar 2009

You Can't Change Stupid

This is a conversation that I just had in my local supermarket with the lady at the bakery department.

Her: Are those your grandchildren?
Me: No, these are my children.
Her: Oh my God.

Not sure what she meant by, Oh my God but the girlies said it all the way home.
Just for the record, it isn't the first time I have got the grandma comment but it is the first time it was followed by the OMG comment.
Silly old hag! May the fleas of 100 camels descend on her body.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

I really had to laugh at your post, Daddy and I have just been described by a witness to a road accident as "the elderly couple driving the Subaru". What bl***y cheek - no wonder they had an accident-they obviously need glasses like your checkout girl.
Lots of love from a Very Young (at Heart) Nannis xxx

Tammie said...

I got the grandma comment once. JUST once. I don't think that person has ever come in to my office again.

Vivian M said...

I was adding Corey to my bank account, and the lady asked if he was my son!

Vivian M said...

PS: If you really want to hear someone saying OMG, ask Tammie to tell you the story about her Coach Chanukah gift, lol!

Maci Miller said...

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh out loud at your last line! Good to handle the politically uncorrect and completely clueless with a bit of humor! Good for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails