3 Feb 2009

Happy Birthday To Our Little Girl.

Rosie officially turned 2 today. We celebrated her birthday on Sunday so this morning she opened her gifts and cards and got on with her busy day being two.

I was thinking earlier about her birth mother. The usual stuff: I wondered if she felt sad, I wonderered if she recognised the day, I hope that somewhere and somehow she knows that her little girl is loved, safe, very happy and always protected. As I was thinking I realised that 2 years ago today, in a faraway land, a woman gave birth to a child, a girl, that she probably already knew that she she couldn't keep. I wondered if she had a name chosen for her child. I wondered if after delivering her if she held her close and breathed in that tiny little soul and whispered her name into her ear. A name that only she knew. That would have been Rosie's first name, a name to accompany her first breath.

Three days later Rosie was taken to an orphanage and given a new name. I am not sure how much thought went into her name but it means, quiet or serene prayer. Such a beautiful name, well I think so. Again, a new name for a start to her new life. Qi Min used that name for 11 months.

A few days after Qi Mins 1st birthday she was taken to the Civil Affairs Office in Guandong Province and given a new name to accompany her through the rest of her life. In addition to being Rose she is now also called, daughter, sister, grand daughter, great grand daughter, niece cousin and friend.

Happy Birthday to my little girl, a girl that has worn so many hats in her little short life. This new hat suits you Rosie Posie and I hope that you always wear it with pride and with your head held high.

Being 2 is an adventure. You will grow in leaps and bounds, your words will start to flow and your personality will blossom even more. The things that you found so hard to do before will suddenly become so easy, you will become a little person with opinions and ideas. We can't wait to see you spread your wings more and more.
We love you, so, so much.

4 comments:

3D said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Rosie!!

Keep smilin!

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday sweetheart, trillions of hugs and kisses
from
Grandpa and Nannis xxxxxxx

Tammie said...

Happy Birthday Rosie!!

Vivian M said...

Happy birthday to a very special little girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails